2015-2016 Shawinigan Snow Reports

iceman

Winter is not over here yet. Came back up once I heard the snow was coming. Trails are surprisingly pretty good. On the way back in the snow was making the trails perfect. Visibility was tough but what a ride.

post-1787-0-61923400-1458870957_thumb.jpeg

post-1787-0-74058600-1458870976_thumb.jpeg

Nice to see the gang at Drakkar. Good times last night. The new owner Redge and his wife Nancy are really going all out to make the place all it can be and more. Redge knows well that he can not replace Bernard but he is certainly doing a great job and they are fantastic hosts. The place is all remodeled and by next season will be a well oiled machine ready to welcome riders like no where else.

Plans in place for a hot tub and the security gate will be fully operational. Not to mention the full security system of high def cameras.

Please support these folks as people like this are not easy to find. So welcoming and ready to help in any way they can. Redge is even taking english classes to be more ready for next years clients. His wife Nancy speaks english and understands it very well. Redge understands and is now working on being able to answer in english. He has made incredible advances this season just from practicing with the guests.

Great place with great people. Go there, you will go back again and again.

Trigger you guys better buy a lottery ticket or two on the way home cause you are very lucky guy's.

Your timing was right on and you probably for sure saw some of the last groomed trail here near Shawi anyway. And had it all to yourself.

Double Bonus.

Hi Iceman- We stayed at the Safari for years and dropped by last month to happily see that its staying a Sno-mo destination. Yes theres no replacing Bernard(Ringy-dang-doo), but the Drakar is in a great location, esp since you dont have to access the river to get in and out.

Im sure you let Redge know, but he needs to get on here(Quebec Rider) next fall/winter with pics and conditions. He'll fill the place.

The other huge plus, its only an easy 5 hr drive from Concord NH.

Im a huge fan of the Shawinigan trail system, and for flat out haul ass straight smooth trails I think it has no equal. This place is the salt flats for snowmobilers. Theres no one that hasnt hit their best top speed if theyre running the swamp into Shawinigan Sud.

Have a Great Summer! :drinks:

I'll have him all set up here by next season. They are gonna get on board here as a paid advertiser and join in the forum.

Coming soon.

Iceman, I think I will buy some lottery tickets!! The trails today going east were completely groomed. Not one trail had a bump. Beautiful scenery. Did a quick 170 miles and on the black trail now. Back in the states. Took us 15 seconds at the border. You are so right about Reggie and Nancy. It is like staying with family when we are there. They could not be nicer and they go above and beyond to make your stay fantastic. They will be my go to place again next year for sure. I was there 5 times in the last 9 weeks!! Lol

It was great to see you again last night don. Fun times.

post-1787-0-64698200-1459035641_thumb.jpeg

post-1787-0-36181700-1459035818_thumb.jpeg

post-1787-0-44854000-1459035864_thumb.jpeg

• 8 months later...
3 hours ago, VTrider said:

Looking forward to the reports from Iceman this upcoming winter !!!   Think Snow.  Looks like the area is getting some snow based on the radar I am looking at.

2 hours ago, crazysnow said:

X's 2 On that ....  :yahoo:

Has not been much to speak of yet. We had a few light dustings but it soonwent away. We got another bit last night maybe 3/4" inch. Snowing still but mixed with rain.