2016 Jack & Sandi's trip

revct1

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tom,

What I've seen on TV is Jonquiere 8 cm, Roberval 45 cm. A big difference. We were in St Henry and I'd say 30 - 35 cm there, Mont Vilain 15 cm. So it varies quite a bit. I don't know about Abitibi. South like RDL and Gaspie received more rain.

Jack & Sandi

Toady Sandi, myself and Farmerold take off towards Relais des Buttes for lunch. We cross the two bridges and take 367, 93, 367 and local 701.

It is on the cool side, -20C. Around St Henry it felt even colder. Everything is groomed. 93 to Alma is great. After Alma 93 is groomed but there is still a lot of fluffy snow on the trail. This are received more snow than the Jonquiere area so after the groomer passed, the trail is still soft and not hard packed. Good riding but a little more work than a nice hard packed surface. The trails were fluffy all the way to Relais des Buttes.

After lunch we returned on the same trails we went out on. Fluffy until the St Henry / Alma area and then 93 just got better and better. Even 367 after St Ambroise was excellent.

A nice sunny day today. The freezing rain didn't do any damage to the trails. We have one more day to ride and then we are in the truck heading back to CT.

Until tomorrow,

Jack & Sandi

Well its a few days later. I did our last day of riding for the trip with Farmerold on Friday. Sandi wasn't feeling too good so she stayed in. We drove back home Saturday. Now I've been nursing a cold. I haven't had a chance to post until now. So our (my) last day.

Farmerold and I ride over to Alma on 383 and take some of the local trails. I can get lost in Alma so easy. We go up 563 and around the airport on 562 to 23. All of this is really nice riding. We found 557 which skirts the edge of the lac and back onto 23 to Ski Bee Doo for lunch.

After lunch we kept heading south on 23. Not a good choice. 23 looked like it was on a Sunday afternoon but it was Friday. We have been on beautiful trails all week and then reality sets in. There are other snowmobilers out here and they are all on 23. We beat ourselves up until we arrive at the junction with 368. Oh this looks better. 368 is wonderful. A little chatter in the corners but perfect in the straightaways. We make good time and instead of taking 383 across the barrage, we stay on this great 368 to 83. Turn left on 83 and then run back to the Delta.

A little rough mid day on 23 but the rest of the day was another great day on Quebec trails.

It was a great week in Quebec on some of the best trails in the world with some great friends. We left early Saturday morning and didn't get a chance to say bye to everyone. So to all that we missed, happy trails and safe riding. If mother nature looks kindly on us snowmobilers, we will see you in RDL for the winter gathering.

Jack & Sandi