attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Did a 90 klm loop around the lake

Met up with an old friend in the trail

I like it better in white JG. It's a start.

Dec. 29. -12° C feels like -18° C

Snow started last night, coming down pretty strong now, got about 6" so far. This was the second night it went to-12° C,

Yesterday...ponds and little lake froze from shore to shore but not the big lake.

This morning big lake stated to show signs of freezing, shoreline out about 200' froze.

post-488-0-98784400-1451398821_thumb.jpg

post-488-0-12400000-1451398889_thumb.jpg

JG

I'm gonna try some atving today in the new snow, yes it will be the latest I've gone riding but that's because I use the sled in the snow.

This year sled is in pieces, major repair job.

I didn't have the drive or the motivation to put her back together due to the weather but now.....hmmm I guess I'll be spending some time on the garage.

Stay tuned

11:30 this morning and still coming down strong, certainly enough to groom and ride.

post-488-0-35896800-1451412930_thumb.jpg

Went to town on atv to check sled trail, got big time stuck in atv trail, stuck to the road after that.

Sleds are on the go.

post-488-0-06725300-1451413010_thumb.jpg

That's nice to see. A few lakes need to freeze and more snow on the mountain trails between St Remi and Lac des plages before we get over that way.

Back in MTL

Ride home saw groomed trails in and out of Duhamel.

Ultramar in Chenneville trail crossing road there not groomed.

Arena in St.Andre Avellin trail crossing road not groomed but lots of sled tracks.

Trails in St.Lazare are groomed

In Duhamel

post-488-0-09045800-1451618002_thumb.jpg

post-488-0-16533000-1451618034_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trailblazer

• 5 weeks later...

Got up at 5 am walking around in circles what to do, got family plans for Sunday and no snow here to ride today. Decide to jump in the truck and drive to the cottage after reading some reports coming in from Mt.Laurier, lots of snow fell this week.

After arriving, unloading, having a little snack off I go. This is the loop I decide on, Duhamel, La Minerve, Nominingue (43/323/319), Val Barrette (63), ND de Laus (53), Montpellier (53/43/local) and back to Duhamel (43/local to cottage).

All trails were outstanding and in excellant condition with the exception of the 43 through the Parc returning from ND de Laus which had started to show some signs of wear, not low snow but whoops coming into and out of corners.

310 Klms for the loop now my girl is broken in and ready for first inspection and oil change.

One picture of the day, memory is loaded need to empty the phone.

post-488-0-18635500-1454249298_thumb.jpg

Up to the chalet for another run, got some good reports from the locals for conditions so I thought well 2 hrs in a trailer is better than 5-6.

North of the Ottawa river on the 50(black trail) fields are well covered with a glare to the surface signaling they had a slight melt down then a freeze

Further north on the 323 to the 321 (black trail) as I was getting higher in elevation you could see they did not suffer too much up here, just a crusty surface.

Met a FCMQ officer in Duhamel, he said trails froze up yes by the groomer has ruffed them up so cooling is not a problem.

My plans are to leave the cottage tomorrow morning with a group of 8 that will be arriving in the morning then up the 319 to Mekoos for da nuit, maybe buzz around the area before settling in, we'll see what's in store for us.

Not too much milage I know but all fun'n games with the local bunch.

post-488-0-10017900-1454716349_thumb.jpg

post-488-0-26410400-1454716401_thumb.jpg

Trail crossing in Saint Andre Avellin at the arena 323 (white trail)

post-488-0-09059500-1454716461_thumb.jpg

Met a group of 3 from Ontario in Duhamel, they started out of Duhamel rode up to Parent via 13 and stayed the night (last night) in Clova, they came down Chemin Lepine through Mt.Laurier and back.

They said chemin Lepine was groomed to perfection a real carpet ride, also they confirmed anything above Mt.Laurier is in full on winter and trails are mid season conditions.

Confirmed...on above Mt.Laurieras we experienced it ourselves this week end.