Duhamel and surrounding area

Trailblazer

On November 17, 2016 at 7:56 PM, hparaptor said:

Thats because I let him lead during our VTT trail rides.  Otherwise, the shine would have been sandblasted off from my roost!

Ha ha ha Mike....boste all you want but winter's around the corner.......dude!!!

Edited by Trailblazer

Nov. 22

Not as much as they said fell, lot of wind swept around the lake but in the woods about 15 cms accumulation but I'll take it. Still warm so might stay or might go pending on how old man winter swings.

image.jpg

On 11/22/2016 at 5:10 PM, Trailblazer said:

We're back there again!....

Attachment space at 28% and the site is not allowing me to upload any more pics. Jesus this is frustrating.

Send them to me, JG.  I can host them for you.  

• 2 weeks later...

Dec 4

Back at the country place to finalize my pre winter chores.

This will be the last day with out snow, snow clouds are hovering.

Went for a little ride to check out some small lakes close by to see if they are frozen because I noticed the ground is frozen on the surface. Sure enough they're all froze up with an 1/2-3/4 inch thickness. We are on a good preparation with the ground surface frozen and small lakes before the snow arrives.

9.jpeg

10.jpeg

16.jpeg

8.jpeg

15.jpeg

14.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Back in town

3 3/4hr drive as apposed to 2hrs due to the weather, freezing rain and extremely dangerous driving conditions but that doesn't stop a true snowmobiler with a hard on for a ride.

These folks weren't so lucky, happen seconds before we arrived.

IMG_4698.JPG

IMG_4699.JPG

You say your back in Montreal? We came up today the freezing rain started as I got off 417 onto the 17. The roads up here were better prepared for the weather than down there. I'm guessing you take the 50. We take it in the other direction but figuring it would be slick we avoided it today by taking a series of dirt roads. Still freezing rain near Tremblant.

1 hour ago, MrGutz said:

Looks like it's missing a tire?

Hope everyone is ok.

GutZ

Yes it was, the family was okay, all on the side of the road with very concerned motorists who had stopped to help. Dad had some blood running down his forehead but was standing upright with his lady and baby in baby chair with them on the side of the road. Very very lucky baby.

19 minutes ago, Cnc said:

You say your back in Montreal? We came up today the freezing rain started as I got off 417 onto the 17. The roads up here were better prepared for the weather than down there. I'm guessing you take the 50. We take it in the other direction but figuring it would be slick we avoided it today by taking a series of dirt roads. Still freezing rain near Tremblant.

Nope in Duhamel, we left Pointe-Claire at 1:40 arrived in Duhamel at 5:20. Freezing rain the whole trip.

Usually we take the 50 from Grenville but under these conditions dragging a weighted trailer I becided to stick with the 148, no mountains and no crazies racing from Gatineau to Montreal or Montreal to Gatineau.

Papineauvile north all white on the road, ice pellets mixed with the white stuff, thick on the road but more drivable, Duhamel on breaking 6-8" crusted surface to the chalet.

Snowmobiling always an adventure.

21 minutes ago, Trailblazer said:

Nope in Duhamel, we left Pointe-Claire at 1:40 arrived in Duhamel at 5:20. Freezing rain the whole trip.

Usually we take the 50 from Grenville but under these conditions dragging a weighted trailer I becided to stick with the 148, no mountains and no crazies racing from Gatineau to Montreal or Montreal to Gatineau.

Papineauvile north all white on the road, ice pellets mixed with the white stuff, thick on the road but more drivable, Duhamel on breaking 6-8" crusted surface to the chalet.

Snowmobiling always an adventure.

Adventure That's for sure. Guessing we were about 2 hrs ahead passing through Hawkesbury. 

Went for a 95 klm ride this afternoon. 

Railbed from the lake to Duhamel lots of snow but witha crust, like carving through ice. 

Duhamel south via 43 to Mulet short cut a little rough, from the 43 to Mulet via shortcut was plowed for logging but has plenty of snow for riding.

IMG_4705.JPG

Mulet into the Parc via 43, I only went to route 3 cut off, trail was wide and groomed with the exception of a couple early season expentantces and an idiot with a side by side who made ruts to dance around with. 

IMG_4706.JPG

IMG_4707.JPG

IMG_4708.JPG

Mulet back to the 43/323 inter was really nice, big group there pounding back some wobbly pops. Railbed 43. back to the Mulet shortcut was really nice as well, saw some triple digits there.

IMG_4709.JPG

43 east of Duhamel I only went up to Club de Douze after that no grooming up the 323 to La Minerve, took the road back to the railbed lake trail. Came across an unhappy BRP owner.

IMG_4711.JPG

IMG_4710.JPG

Dec 29   -4°c

Been snowing all day, not much accumulation maybe 2"s not like in MTL from what I hear, they received 4-6.

Rode 130 Klms this afternoon, hooked up with some guys from Ontario in town at the gas station and off we went down the railbed to the 43 across the Parc, we split ways at the 43/53 inter, they were going back to their chalet in Norte Dame de Salette. While at the intersection saying our good byes low and behold the groomer comes up the 53 from N.D. de Laus. Woo hoo guess I'm going that way yippy Kay yeah.

From my past experience this trail is shared with the atvs, my suspicions was correct, the gravel part of the trail is the atv part and the freshly groomed ruhbarbed part was the sled trail and after doing 6k of this S$!t knowing there's another 20 k of the ruhbarb  I soon lose my patience a say the heck sticking it to the ruhbarb, u turn and back track to the groomer.

Oh how sweet it was being the first 'till about half way back to Mulet, even after passing the groomer the trail was still well covered in snow and flat enough to keep up triple digits. Oh I'm getting the hang of this and the season's just beginning.

I'll have to upload pics later as my friggen phone froze and screen is immobile.

Lucky you! Got about 6 in here today and the groomer from Diablo Rouge is out without the drag packing the trails and filling the streams and deep ruts. Could be a bit longer before they drag, but hey it's a start. 

Dec 30  

Sun is trying to peak out but truth of the matter is winds are picking up and a new system is  blowing in, temperature's expected to drop to -18°c tonight and another storm tomorrow 15 cms.

IMG_4716.JPG

IMG_4717.JPG