Snow in St Zenon Dec. 26,2015

combat

Took a ride to La Cabanon. Temperature was 19 Degrees. It snowed all the way from Montreal.

Lac Stanialaus was covered , however I wouldn't say safe to ride.

Total accumulation about 4". Four wheelers were out but all trails closed for snowmobiles.

Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Stay safe. Combat

Thanks combat for the update!

I really think tomorrow snow drop will trigger the season beginning.

This past night was in the first real cold one, below -20C and it's still -15C now at noon there in St-Zénon. Also decent cold temps in the forecast...

We have nearly the same snow amount here at home near Joliette and the snow drop forecast call for near the same snow amounts for home and St-Zénon, I would not be surprised that the trails begin to open simultaneously in a very big part of our territory in the next days. The advantage of St-Zénon area is they have very few water plan or swamp to cross in comparison of our souther area.

Can't wait to see this next storm results....

Alain

First post here, didn't know this forum existed.

In Montcalm ( near Tremblant ) we have 4 inches on the ground and finally winter temperatures. We also expect a good dumping of snow tomorrow but almost all the trails will still be dead ends till the lakes freeze. The lake in front of my house that we use to access trans Quebec 43 is still open water and I hope it remains that way until after this storm. Nothing worse the a large amount of snow falling on thin ice to slow the freezing process and create slush.

CNC

Edited by Cnc

First post here, didn't know this forum existed.

In Montcalm ( near Tremblant ) we have 4 inches on the ground and finally winter temperatures. We also expect a good dumping of snow tomorrow but almost all the trails will still be dead ends till the lakes freeze. The lake in front of my house that we use to access trans Quebec 43 is still open water and I hope it remains that way until after this storm. Nothing worse the a large amount of snow falling on thin ice to slow the freezing process and create slush.

CNC

Welcome aboard Cnc. QuebecRider is a great message board with lots of folks that enjoy sledding in PQ.

Hey Trail blazer, we usually end up passing through or going to Duhamel as part of a loop several times a year.

CNC is a little misleading I guess, I have had that name on forums for a long time. It really goes back to sailing sites as I have a C&C sailboat.

I do dabble in machining but just with a small hobby mill and hobby lathe in my basement.

Hi Brion!

Unfortunately, no real sledding for me for the next days+ weekend... bad timing... :sorry: seems you will be the one that will be able to give us some real feedback on the trails up there...

We had here at home near Joliette 32cm (confirmed by weather station) from this last storm so just over a foot of new stuff. I don't know the exact accumulation they got in St-Zénon, similar from what I heard but..? it seems to have been a bit less going more east.

The dozers have begin to go out in many clubs (even souther ones) to begin the trail work. I expect to begin to see some trails segments done in the next days, for what that can be done without the rivers and swamps frozen.

For you Brion you should have no problem in St-Zénon area, no rivers to cross there. Remember that St-Michel area especially around the village is a bit more rocky and usually need a bit more snow to be really nice. We usually have the best ride on forest rod base trails like in the Mastigouche reserve... Cabanon--Koubec by example is usually a good pick

Have a blast on your new brp!!!

yes no lakes is great . reservations are made , and hope to visit Koubec's for some chilli .I was out yesterday at qc. ont. border trails were draged but you had to take care . need more snow , we got about 40 cm but most gets blown and used up by first dozer pass. I think i got all that smelly stuff burnt off of the new sled ( couch ) .It will be all broken in by the end of the weekend...

Grumpysanta,

You are friends with Joff Simms correct? We are hoping to ride together next week.

Shane

Hey Trail blazer, we usually end up passing through or going to Duhamel as part of a loop several times a year.

CNC is a little misleading I guess, I have had that name on forums for a long time. It really goes back to sailing sites as I have a C&C sailboat.

I do dabble in machining but just with a small hobby mill and hobby lathe in my basement.

Dabbling is good, keeps YA busy.

Maybe we'll meet up some weekend at the deer restaurant in Duhamel.