snowstorm warning!!!

Mid Range

Issued: 3:45 PM EST Monday 28 December 2015

Winter storm warning in effect.

Date Detailed Forecast Tonight Becoming cloudy this evening. Snow and local blowing snow beginning after midnight. Amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind becoming east 20 km/h gusting to 40 near midnight. Low minus 12. Tue, 29 Dec Snow at times heavy and local blowing snow. Amount 20 to 30 cm. Wind east 30 km/h gusting to 50. High minus 7. Night Snow and local blowing snow ending near midnight then cloudy. Amount 2 cm. Wind east 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light in the evening. Temperature steady near minus 7.

first ride of the season is just around the corner i guess...

these folks are ready!!!

surfaceur_zpsq4o2tz7m.jpg

Edited by Mid Range

Thank you for the update/report Mid Range. Now we just need cold and maybe more snow to connect the dots?

It's a no go as we speak on TQ 13 north.....club posted last nite on their fb page......joseph river north of maniwaki is flooded. Swamps and rivers will be a problem with many clubs due to the lack of cold. Stay tuned.

here's an example of the lack of cold.....volunteers at work on TQ 63 just outside Maniwaki

swamp_zpsdsjrsgsc.jpg

and here's a pic a riding buddy sent me as of december 29 on TQ 13 near Kazabazua.

tq13_zpsbusyplko.jpg

http://s2.photobucket.com/user/mid-range/media/swamp_zpsdsjrsgsc.jpg.html

You are right on midrange.

Your first photo here is gonna be what many other clubs will be seeing as they try to open up the trails. The snow is great but without cold cold weather for a solid week or more this is gonna be troublesome. For a while yet.

Edited by iceman

You are right on midrange.

Your first photo here is gonna be what many other clubs will be seeing as they try to open up the trails. The snow is great but without cold cold weather for a solid week or more this is gonna be troublesome. For a while yet.

indeed Iceman.....ground is not frozen......let's be patient. Club sank a groomer in a swamp on TQ 13 south of Grand-Remous. Lots of surprise under this pile of snow.

Do what they do in NY and hope the belt doesn't get wet.

imagine a groomer in that swamp.

At least its getting there!

here's a pic for you Rich

storm_zps5fumto6i.jpg

Only 1 trip planned this year Jack. Week of Feb 22...I'll keep ya informed for a visit!

That being said, unless things improve in CNY we may have to sneak another Gaspe trip in!

Only 1 trip planned this year Jack. Week of Feb 22...I'll keep ya informed for a visit!

That being said, unless things improve in CNY we may have to sneak another Gaspe trip in!

keep me posted Rich......please say Hi to the guys. :drinks:

.....ground is not frozen......let's be patient. Club sank a groomer in a swamp on TQ 13 south of Grand-Remous. Lots of surprise under this pile of snow.

we need cold weather....happy new year everyone!.......groomer is doing fine.

surfaceur_zpszhxejko8.jpg