a bit of info !!!

groomer

Stranger things have happened, they did start a new ferry for that crossing this summer. I will let you know for sure February 6th if the stars all align.

fyi....was talking with a friend from town, last friday...he works in port cartier...they have problem with one of the doors on new ferry...they hit the dock twice in baie comeau...

had to fix boat (welding ) and fix dock....truckers must go in backward.....and few more things that i can t remember !!! schedule has been kaputt a few times !!!

jean-guy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone should do that ferry at least once. Did it about 10 years ago and was not picturing a huge ship with the whole hull opening up! Not to mention the bar on board lol. It was a little unnerving though hearing it crunching through the ice with no land in sight

Everyone should do that ferry at least once. Did it about 10 years ago and was not picturing a huge ship with the whole hull opening up! Not to mention the bar on board lol. It was a little unnerving though hearing it crunching through the ice with no land in sight

For sure quite the experience. I would not want the extended cruise due to Ice though that sure sounded like a long day being stuck on there not being able to get into the dock.

Can't wait to do it again though.

Andyman and I crossed several years ago and the boat got locked in the ice 13hrs waiting for an ice breaker come free us.

Your experience is what I was referring to, I thought it was you guys stuck on there but was not sure. That is one for the ages that crossing there damn 13 hrs. Well at least its warm inside.

Edited by iceman

Pretty discouraging, and in three days I start vacation. Can only hope tonight's storm is a big one.

Could be worse, I almost retired last month. At least now I have something to do four days a week,,,work!

mike