first run

Mid Range

• 4 weeks later...

How is 308 from whaltham to minawaki. Is it open yet. Thanks

Les ours blancs groomed it for the first time last week (rode by the intersection) ......it's indicated as closed probably because coulonge river is not safe. I don't know about the pingouins side. but you can take a look at this

http://www.motoneiges.ca/actions/showClub?lg=en&page=acc&cid=185

trails (what we rode) were in very good shape saturday: 63, 322,308 and TQ 13.....a portion between Gracefield and lac Cayamant is quite rough (6-7 miles). Groomer cannot groom I guess.

Now we will have to wait and see how bad the warm temps and rain will affect the trails. we will keep an eye what type of precips we will get on wednesday. Too bad trails were improving in the area.

R322 Zec Brascoupé-désert area january 30th 2016

DSC00187_zpsnfrjoyxh.jpg

DSC00188_zpsrnzjvyaz.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Jack,

Do you know how the trails (Snow Conditions) are around Maniwaki?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim: I understand that Val De Monts, just North of Ottawa got over 20" yesterday and all trails and lakes opened this past weekend. Please don't tell anyone. Would hope this gets confirmed...

For whoever this may help,

The 308 is opened and has been groomed twice. As of today the 311 is not open from ladysmith to danford lake. Locals told me, not groomed,signage not complete and they don't have all the landowners signatures. The 13 at least from kazabazua to mont Laurier was good today.

Hi Jack,

Thanks.

We are here after a 10 hour trip. Very nice scenery from Ottawa on up.

The parking lot is packed tonight. Lots of vtt's.

We are off to Lake Trout in the morning.

Hello MrsGTRider.....it was the Polaris dealer annual atv ride today....have a safe and wonderful trip. If you take the 63 west there is a good chance you will see deers just outside Maniwaki. It is a tight trail until the village of Montcerf but afterwards things are improving. Faster trail if you take 13/63 then 322. Either way it's basically the same mileage to the Classic Restaurant.Both ways you will end up at the classic. Fuel up at the classic then you hit laverendrye park. Classic to le domaine is +- 45 miles.

Edited by Mid Range