Beauceville to RDL

RoadRunner

Just talked with some friends that rode from Beauceville to Riv Du Loop yesterday. They said it was great from lac Etchimen to RDL. A few water bars on the power line from Beauceville to lac etchimen (that is why they do not show it open yet) but very passable. Lac Etchimen, out 55 to st pamphile and tourville trail 35, the railbed to pohenagamook was great. Everything had been groomed and groomers were out in force. They intend to do the Rimouiski, cabano loop today. A great update for that area. RR

Compte-rendu de ce matin :
Dans l'ensemble, amélioration, mais il reste encore plusieurs trous d'eau malheureusement. Faite attention !
La 55 a été resurfacée en quasi totalité la nuit dernière.
Sur la 549 à St-Magloire, on revire encore à la fourche pour le Mont St-Magloire puisqu'on ne peut continuer plus loin avec le BR. Apparement que ça passe quand même en motoneige (à vérifier).
Vers St-Léon et vers St-Luc, c'est passable. ...

See More
Record of this morning:
On the whole, improvement, but there are still several water holes unfortunately. Be careful!
The 55 was resurfacée in almost all last night.
On the 549 at st-Magloire, we revire still at the fork for the mont st-Magloire since we can't continue further with the br. Apparently that it passes when even in sled (to verify).
Toward St-Léon and toward st-Luc, it's passable.
To Ste-Justine, there's a lot of water, we must wait for it to freeze.
Toward St-Camille, I don't have the info, sorry.
The local trail of Ste-Rose is open in the village until rank happens behind the police station, so cul de sac (still here a lot of water in the way).
If you have any other info, please, please, come back to me. You're our eyes. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Jay, Lot of areas listed as closed in Chaudiere region. We really took a hit this week with two warm spells and one rain event and one several hour mist event. Riviere du Loup, lots of people riding and its okay away from the St. Lawrence, but not great. I did 75 miles this morning and came back to the motel, you can ride but its not the same conditions as usual. Snow is hard as a rock, ice in places, don't know if the groomers can break it up or not. Only area reporting good riding is up around Jonquiere.

Riviere needs a good foot of snow to bring it back.

Trail conditions list for Quebec clubs are on Sledmagazine.com.

Hope to see you this winter.

mike

Good news!

Today we rode from 55/75 East to St Pamphile, then across 557 from the golf course to RDL.

There is 3-4 inches of new snow throughout the trip, which saved the trails around Beauceville and RDL. Once you get about 8 miles out of Beauceville , things get better quickly. A+ conditions for most of the trip. 10 miles from RDL, you can see that there is lots of ice and dirt in spots, but the new snow did a nice job of hiding it and providing lube and steering.

The truck lot here is jammed with trailers of groups doing the loop. I would not hesitate.

Reports here are that Rt 5 needs more snow west of RDL.

Good luck!

GW

Good news!

Today we rode from 55/75 East to St Pamphile, then across 557 from the golf course to RDL.

There is 3-4 inches of new snow throughout the trip, which saved the trails around Beauceville and RDL. Once you get about 8 miles out of Beauceville , things get better quickly. A+ conditions for most of the trip. 10 miles from RDL, you can see that there is lots of ice and dirt in spots, but the new snow did a nice job of hiding it and providing lube and steering.

The truck lot here is jammed with trailers of groups doing the loop. I would not hesitate.

Reports here are that Rt 5 needs more snow west of RDL.

Good luck!

GW

Gary - Thanks for the recent conditions update. Did you ride over from ME or take the 'black trail' to Beauceville and start from there?

Gary - Thanks for the recent conditions update. Did you ride over from ME or take the 'black trail' to Beauceville and start from there?

The trails are closed around the border according to the websites. Very sparse around Armstrong and St George. It is often bare through there in good winters.

Took nice loop today to Squatec and back to RDL. 200 or so. Some trails in the south excellent. Some areas on Rt 5 could use some snow, but they are getting it.

Saw lots of sleds today.

GW