Vote to save our sport

JeanXC

Done!!!!!!!!!!

The greenies are at the barricades again.I'm calling all the users on here to click on "contre".

It's done for me as well! Do not forget to clic on ''CONTRE''

''CONTRE'' in french = That means Against

Go, Go, Go, Go :good: :good:

So I'm Voting Against (Contre), limiting access to the Parcs, Correct?

Thanks

Gutz

Here the question in english:

Are you for or against the idea of banning snowmobiles in the national parks of the Province of Québec?

That's for MONT TREMBLANT, PARC DE PLAISANCE, PARC D'OKA......AND MONT VALINS.................

Answer.....CONTRE = Against

:good:

SB 2006 :hi:

Our stupid minister of environment decided without respect to us snowmobilers to deny snowmobiles acces to the parcs starting in 2009.

Here in Quebec the morons ecologists who are a minorities are so a bunch of crying babies that our gutless government is always making laws for the crying minorities.

It is amazing how ashamed i am to live here in Quebec.

It is cry cry cry baby laws here :sad:

Here the question in english:

Are you for or against the idea of banning snowmobiles in the national parks of the Province of Québec?

That's for MONT TREMBLANT, PARC DE PLAISANCE, PARC D'OKA......AND MONT VALINS.................

Answer.....CONTRE = Against

:good:

SB 2006 :hi:

Is this referring to the La Hutte area of Mont Valin?

I hate to point out the obvious but. If we have lost trails through these parks it is because we as snowmobilers did not speak loud enough or with enough numbers, also the resort/business owners need to go after their politians talking about closures and/or layoffs in the winter months due to loss of snowmobile business. The loss of jobs is paramount in political eyes.

Snowmobiling will continue to be restricted by the tree huggers as long as they out number us and speak louder to the politians. Just remember the loudest and strongest voice always wins, this is still a democracy.

This being said I am not sure how to fix this problem, it is being experienced in every state and province. I believe there needs to be a more active role by the CCSO, ACSA, and the provincial/state associations and federations, and the Tourism departments. We need to stand more united and strong.

My $0.02

The parks will stay open it would cost Quebec too much $$$$ all of the winter money that the sledders bring into the province from the USA, Ontario and the rest of the world.It is a Billon $ loss in revenu.

The parks will stay open it would cost Quebec too much $$$$ all of the winter money that the sledders bring into the province from the USA, Ontario and the rest of the world.It is a Billon $ loss in revenu.

Don't count on that. Enviro groups will stop an nothing until we are all walking as a mode of transport.

I hate to point out the obvious but. If we have lost trails through these parks it is because we as snowmobilers did not speak loud enough or with enough numbers, also the resort/business owners need to go after their politians talking about closures and/or layoffs in the winter months due to loss of snowmobile business. The loss of jobs is paramount in political eyes.

Snowmobiling will continue to be restricted by the tree huggers as long as they out number us and speak louder to the politians. Just remember the loudest and strongest voice always wins, this is still a democracy.

This being said I am not sure how to fix this problem, it is being experienced in every state and province. I believe there needs to be a more active role by the CCSO, ACSA, and the provincial/state associations and federations, and the Tourism departments. We need to stand more united and strong.

My $0.02

Glad that you are agreement with those of us who have become aware of the non-profit "Quebec Snowmobiliers Association" (AdmdQ), it's mission and the important voice that it gives to snowmobiliers in defending and protecting the future of snowmobiling throughout Quebec.

Very few of us who enjoy riding Quebec are able to offer our volunteer support in labor or other tangible hands on ways. The AdmdQ gives us the large voice that you speak of and offers us a meaningful way to lend our voice and political support.

The AdmdQ is very involved with defending our interest in this particular issue of attack by those would prefer to include rather than include. National and local media interviews, knowlegable, factual editorial responses, well placed political lobbying and pressures are all being addressed by the AdmdQ on behalf of quebec snowmobiliers.

Consider a membership in the AdmdQ and add you voice to this active organization. $10 membership per year and it includes theI'm glad that you are now also a member of the Airmedic air rescue program while snowmobiling anywhere in quebec on or off trail.

Many Quebec rider members have already joined.

I had the great opportunity of spending time with the President Patrick Boucand many of the AdmdQ directers from across Quebec, over this past weekend in Rivere du loup. They are all fellow snowmobiliers would are very talented, dedicated and passionate about the enjoyment and protection of their (our) sport.

www.AdmdQ.org check it out. There is an English translated section and joining is push the button "paypal" easy.

We talk about needing a louder voice, here is a way to actually have it.

You comments are welcomed.

The PQ ( Partis Québécois) opposes the ban on snowmobiles in parks!! :good:

That's Very good news. Thanks once again to the ADMDQ!!

From the Press Canadienne,

QUEBEC - The decision of the Minister Line Beauchamp prohibit the movement of snowmobiles in national parks from next year will wear a heavy blow to the economy of the regions, predicted the Parti Québécois.

Clearly, the Minister of the Environment "has no idea" of the economic reality of the regions, has supported the MP for Chicoutimi, Stephane Bedard, in an interview with The Canadian Press. It's totally irresponsible. So it should be a little of the neighborhood where she lives in Montreal, "Mr. launched Bedard, convinced that several regions, as well as many tourist establishments on the outskirts of major urban centres, will suffer heavy losses because of this decision.

"I understand that they (the Liberals) do not have a lot of deputies in the regions or in the region north of Montreal, but there is a limit to incompetence. Someone, somewhere, would have had to explain to them that the decision will have an impact on tens of thousands of people, "continued the member for Chicoutimi.

Interpelée by lobbying environmentalists, the minister Beauchamp said last week that the government will prohibit snowmobilers access to national parks next year.

In doing so, the Montreal minister responds to the desire expressed by organizations such as the regional councils of the Environment, Nature Québec Ecotourism and Adventure Quebec. These groups argue that the movement of snowmobiles "deteriorating environment" in addition to being a source of "noise pollution" for walkers. With success, they persuaded Ms. Beauchamp implement to the letter parks legislation which prohibits since 2000, the practice of "motorsports" in the areas in conservation.

Therefore, as of next year, snowmobiles will be banned five parks in Quebec, where they were tolerated or parks du Mont-Tremblant, Plaisance, Oka, Mount Orford and Mountains Valin .

But in the opinion of the PQ, Minister Beauchamp is not a single snap decide the fate of a hobby that generates annual economic impact of $ 700 million in Quebec. "She has taken a decision 'ex-cathedra', in defiance of all users (parks) and the whole tourism industry. The reality is that tourists snowmobile enthusiasts also enjoy access to the finest Quebec places, including parks, "argues Mr. Bédard.

By storing without any consultation on the side of anti-snowmobile groups, the minister has only focus users of national parks against each other, said the deputy.

However, he argued, harmonious cohabitation between snowshoers, skiers, hikers and followers of snowmobiling is quite possible. "We must take into account the reality of our territory. We have a vast territory. It must be possible to accommodate each other," said the MP.

But to arrive at an acceptable solution, the minister must renounce act by decree, said Mr Bedard, noting "there was no urgency" to settle this matter once this year as did the minister.

The spokesman PQ proposes instead to hold a public consultation, where all users of the parks would be invited at the same table to find solutions to irritants and problems of cohabitation.

It was time that one of our party spoke for us!

I think that is a good stat!

Swithchback, Thanks for the text of the PQ response. An large organized voice of quebec snowmobiliers will keep this and other injustices visable and open to debate rather than something that happenned without our knowledge, action, response or defense. Thanks for your support of the AdmdQ mission.

PS I relly enjoyed riding in your region this past weekend........very nice.

Check out region Bas-Saint-Laurent and AdmdQ.org