Trail Conditions 2016

Saguenay Bill

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone give us some accurate reports from todays weather up at the Delta and surrounding areas? how much snow? how much snow before if any rain/freezing rain? All snow up in the mountains? Valin?

Weather forecasts in the US dont always have accurate reports to whats actually taking place. Apps say Quebec City area 26 degrees and freezing rain/rain showers?? Must be 90% humidity in air for that to happen.

Any reports in the Sag/LSJ/Mt. Valin areas would be great. Thank you!!!

So I assume all is well up there after the big meltdown and rain ? Coming to the Delta for 5 days of riding on the 15th of Feb. I know Valin will be ok but what about the rest of it ? I hope I dont have to truck them to chibaugamu. I havent been up that way in 10 years looking forward to it

Saguennay Bill, we will be coming in Sunday night from the Gouin Reservoir. We are anxious to get in to watch the Super bowl. Look forward to seeing you than.

As Bill has reported, riding is excellent in the region both on and off trail.

Enjoy!! RR

Powder yesterday in the Pipmuacan area

post-197-0-14676400-1454676663_thumb.jpeg

Sunset on Lac St Jean last night

post-197-0-56506700-1454676761_thumb.jpeg

Peribonka river

post-197-0-80458800-1454676772_thumb.jpeg

North of Auberge km 31 yesterday

post-197-0-08808400-1454676954_thumb.jpeg

Hoping all the free weekenders dont destroy the trails for next week. Especially with no mention of snow in the forecast over the next 5 days. Ride safe and respect the trails the groomers work so hard for us to enjoy. They do incredible work with the little amount of snowfall as compared to what they are used to.

Hi Bill!

The John, Ethan and Sig were back home around 2:00 AM. They say it was smooth sailing all the way. We ended up with 10 to 12 inches of snow from this unexpected storm. No power still, but the generator is going. Maybe Ethan will get the antique snomo's cranking, but it won't be anything like your "Paradise!"

Thanks again from all of us for the hospitality! I'm hoping they'll get to do this again next year!

Happy riding!

Kathi

We had a great day in the Gouin reservoir and have decided to stay one more night, we won't be at the delta for the super bowl, but will be there Monday night instead. Bill Hope to see you to say hi. Best regards RR

Headwaters of the Maurice River

post-197-0-92446700-1454803068_thumb.jpeg

post-197-0-08888800-1454803085.jpeg

Yesterday we connected the Relais 22 trail 83 to Sawmill 54 on the Chibougamou trail 93 thru the Gouin reservoir , We got great tracks for this area today, one awkward note and one of the reasons we carry extra fuel is we got to sawmill 54 and the gas pump was broken, fortunately we had fuel but others there were not so pleased as they were some hoping to go to Chibougamo! Not sure if they kept going or not. Today we head across 80 mile long, marked by stakes, (CORRECTION. NOT MARKED BY STAKES FOR THE 50 MIles between Obedjiwan and the Barrage! ( Only between Obedjiwan and Pourivoire Martin) As with any water system have a good knowledge of the system and or good gps track.). Gouin reservoir for a lunch in Clova Quebec.

From the Barrage Gouin to sawmill 54 is 85 miles on unplowed, unmarked logging roads. A very nice ride

post-197-0-09871700-1454848829_thumb.jpeg

Edited by RoadRunner