Trail Conditions 2016

Saguenay Bill

Yesterday we connected the Relais 22 trail 83 to Sawmill 54 on the Chibougamou trail 93 thru the Gouin reservoir , We got great tracks for this area today, one awkward note and one of the reasons we carry extra fuel is we got to sawmill 54 and the gas pump was broken, fortunately we had fuel but others there were not so pleased as they were some hoping to go to Chibougamo! Not sure if they kept going or not. Today we head across 80 mile long, marked by stakes, Gouin reservoir for a lunch in Clova Quebec.

From the Barrage Gouin to sawmill 54 is 85 miles on unplowed, unmarked logging roads. A very nice ride

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Good Stuff. Exploring is very cool for sure. Tons of logging roads all throughout up there.

Man to say people were unhappy with no gas at sawmill is an understatement.

Headed north you should easily make it back south if no gas there, but coming south with having no gas from 54 you better see if they got an extra bunk. Cause you will be walking without having extra fuel on-board.

Edited by iceman

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Stuff. Exploring is very cool for sure. Tons of logging roads all throughout up there.

Man to say people were unhappy with no gas at sawmill is an understatement.

Headed north you should easily make it back south if no gas there, but coming south with having no gas from 54 you better see if they got an extra bunk. Cause you will be walking without having extra fuel on-board.

Yes Iceman, I don't speak French but there were some unhappy riders there. There appeared to be something wrong with the electronic card that the gas pump needs to be activated, I suspect it was an easy fix, but not sure how long it took them to get tech support

Today's ride was 240 miles across the Gouin reservoir and down to Clova for lunch and back the trail to the Gouin for super bowl Sunday

post-197-0-41419200-1454891779_thumb.jpeg

post-197-0-10939200-1454891888_thumb.jpg

Edited by RoadRunner

Yes Iceman, I don't speak French but there were some unhappy riders there. There appeared to be something wrong with the electronic card that the gas pump needs to be activated, I suspect it was an easy fix, but not sure how long it took them to get tech support

Today's ride was 240 miles across the Gouin reservoir and down to Clova for lunch and back the trail to the Gouin for super bowl Sunday

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

PLEASE NOTE : In a previous report I implied there was a stake line from the Barrage on lake Gouin in the east all the way over to Poirevoire Martin in the west, The Stake line is ONLY from Obedjiwan 35 miles to the Martin, the 50 miles from the Barrage Gouin to Obejiwan is not staked. As with any water system use caution and have a good gps track and knowledge of the body of water. It was a gorgeous blue sky day on the reservoir yesterday

post-197-0-83970000-1454928591_thumb.jpeg

post-197-0-24546500-1454929087_thumb.jpeg

post-197-0-27327300-1454928553_thumb.jpeg

Has anyone ever ventured from LaDore to Relay 22 directly? Over the years I have seen signs for Relay 22 when in the LaDore area and it seems like the VTT trail may go that way. Is this utilizing forestry roads or trails through the bush

Has anyone ever ventured from LaDore to Relay 22 directly? Over the years I have seen signs for Relay 22 when in the LaDore area and it seems like the VTT trail may go that way. Is this utilizing forestry roads or trails through the bush

Yes Viper 2, you can do that, we kind of did that today only came out of the Gouin reservoir. You can pick the vtt trail about 30 miles west of la Dore on 93, run that down to the 83 trail just west of the single sled bridge. And run the best of 83 into Relais 22.

We checked into the Delta tonight about 6 pm, got a good chance to talk with Bill. Lots of sledders here tonight enjoying the conditions. RR

post-197-0-38694700-1454976011_thumb.jpeg

Wow RR, your group sure sees some great wilderness. Wish I was 30 years younger! Pictures make it look great and quite the adventure.

mike

Mike we have had a blast doing a combination of on trail riding and outback expeditions, getting the best out of what our sleds are designed for lol. Best regards. RR

Did not ride yesterday and today. Have a terrible cold. Had two weddings here at the Delta yesterday. One of the brides.

Bride.jpg

Did not ride yesterday and today. Have a terrible cold. Had two weddings here at the Delta yesterday. One of the brides.

Bride.jpg

I knew I shou have stayed there yesterday!