Trail Conditions 2016

Saguenay Bill

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Home safe. Fantastic week of great snow and smooth trails.

But the best was seeing so many old friends. Left too early this morning to say bye to all, but really happy Bill was there to say thank you

Great time with SnowCrazed and Brandon, never laughed so hard.

Thanks everyone.

Safe trip Pat and Gary.

mike

We recently landed in the door after spending another week in Saguenay . I second Bill's quote, "How sweet it is". This was the first season we rode the region but I am confident it wont be our last. The variety of club trails we encountered were very enjoyable. Kudos to the independent club managers and the FCMQ on how they manage the large trail system.

It was great making new friends from near & far. To each of you we hope our paths cross again.

Again many thanks to Bill & his lovely wife for the daily tips / suggestions on the days agenda. Bill's insight and local knowledge is an invaluable resource. I trust the management at the Delta Hotel, local tourism office and the FCMQ have a full understanding of the positive impact Bill and his wife provide to the region with each of them promoting the hotel and region with their daily interaction with the American snowmobilers.

Additionally thanks are warranted for the staff at the Delta hotel as they are very accommodating and will make your stay very personal.

Thanks again to all. Stay safe.

Paddy & Ginny O

Edited by nyskidooerinnewhampshire

Had a great time in Saguenay, met and rode with some great folks particularly the western mass gang, sparky from PA., farmerold, the mad scientist from near Ringe, NH and of course Bill. Totally stress free ride when Bill is leading the way. Unfortunately done for this year but will be up next year, hopefully for more than 2 weeks.

Joe

Today we rode 150 miles of great trails. Wind blew up here last night the hardest I seen in several years. Groomers were out and trails were great. Stopped at Ski Bee Doo for coffee, lunch at Relais du Lac and hot chocolate at Mont Valin.

How quick do you think they will groom after Wednesday's storm in your opinion/prior experiences? Hoping Thursday we can still hit some fresh groomed up towards onatchiway, not just the Trans Quebec and green trails.

The way the clubs have been grooming around LSJ this season, I don't think that will be a problem. They are out pretty much every night / day. You may hit a few bumps but overall you should be able to pick mostly good trails.

Jack & Sandi

When you are travelling with Bill in the Saguenay Region you are snowmobiling with the best guide in Quebec.

X4

Yesterday we rode from the Delta to Sacred Coure, stopping at LA Baie to tour the ice fishing village. Trail 3 from the ferry to about 2 miles from the Cornet was not good, however we met the groomer 2 miles from the Coronet heading that way. Heading to Dolbeau if we can. Heavy snow being predicted.

We are heading up in the morning Bill. Looking forward to seeing you and perhaps riding together at some point over the coming week.