Trail Conditions 2016

Saguenay Bill

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today 182, Ginger and I went to Relais du Lac for lunch and then on to Monts Valain for a coffee and back to the Delta. Trails were 90% good. For those of you who was Ax Men, I want you to know that Shelby Stanga, aka The Swampman, has nothing on us. He gets his logs from the water, we get ours in the snow.

post-2-0-72639800-1453080973_thumb.jpg

Did we pass you and 182ray and his wfe headed south on 83 this morning? 9:15 9:30 in Chicoutimi?

We were headed north. Thought it might have been you guys. Not sure.

Edited by iceman

Went up to Mont Valin today. "Pickle Park trail" had been groomed as well as 93 up to barn whe groomer is parked. When up Bras Louis then over to 93 and had lunch at KM 31. Came back local trail to 93 down to Villeneuve. I had to get the track tightening screw replaced as old one had threads that were rounded and would not stay tight. Good day, nice trails and nice weather.

Edited by Saguenay Bill

Thanks for your reports Bill, wish retirement will be as sweet when it's my turn.

Gonna have to a run up there this season to meet up with you again.

JG

Hi JG

Come on up sledding is great.

Hello Bill,

Welcome again in your second home. We hope you'll have a great time in Paradise.

Max

Hi Max

Conditions are great here in Paradise.

Today 182 Ray and Ginger headed back to NJ before the storm hits. I rode with Mr GutZ, no hair, Daniel and Collect. Trails were great. Had coffee at Relais du Lac, lunch at Monts Valian and afternoon coffee at Ski-Bee-Doo. Great day. Yesterday before 182 finished his day he put his magical suspension skills to work as his sled was pushing in the corners and the rear end was braking loose coming out of the corners.

post-2-0-64981000-1453428826_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-64981000-1453428826_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-73228100-1453428854_thumb.jpg

Today 182 Ray and Ginger headed back to NJ before the storm hits. I rode with Mr GutZ, no hair, Daniel and Collect. Trails were great. Had coffee at Relais du Lac, lunch at Monts Valian and afternoon coffee at Ski-Bee-Doo. Great day. Yesterday before 182 finished his day he put his magical suspension skills to work as his sled was pushing in the corners and the rear end was braking loose coming out of the corners.

attachicon.gifRay adjustint 2.jpg

attachicon.gifRay adjustint 2.jpg

Fix the tight in and the loose off will take care of itself

Hi Bill. If any place is going to have snow it is Lac St Jean. Glad to hear the clubs are taking care of you. It has been a late start for most of Quebec.

Hi Ray. I'm sure your sled is a 2016. Yours isn't the only 2016 that is pushing more than it should. Sandi, MikeRider and Hart have all said the same thing. It seems like BRP has lightened up the front end this year or allowed it to lift more than in past years. Just an observation.

Jack & Sandi

Hi Jack

I'm riding my "old" 2015 the owner of my snowmobile shop hired a general manager & he didn't offer a deal like I was accustomed to so I didn't get a '16 that GM is gone (wonder why LOL) the new GM is the previous parts manager that I know well and is ready to deal

I had my shocks done by Ian & was just fine tuning

Mikey's under steer is because he's running 4" carbides with a 137" track he's going to have to cut back on the vin rouge and crack open the purse & get at least some 6" carbides & he will see a difference

In most conditions my sled was on rails the only time it would push a little was on warmer days and I don't think there much you can do for soft snow except slow down and diamond the corners

Hopefully Ginger and I will see you guys this winter and have some ribs

I gotta go snow plow now too bad this storm wasn't up north

Ray