Trail Conditions 2016

Saguenay Bill

Took a few days but I got my sled railing, even with 4 inch carbides. Very happy.

Was pushing bad when the top layer of snow was soft. Too much bite in first of the morning/hard snow.

Then I remember having same problem about ten years ago and it was too much ski pressure.

I moved the middle spring from how it came, softest, to one step stiffer. This was like a miracle and sled now rails in all conditions, feels balanced, rides great.

I know less ski pressure doesn't make sense but it worked and suggest you try it. (I am guessing one notch tighter on adrenaline cam is maybe?? equal to 3 or 4 threads on X model spring. Anyone experiencing what I did should try this simple adjustment.

Have about 350 miles on this set up in both conditions and one of best handling sleds I've owned. Love it.

mike

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ray. Go plow that snow. We are just getting a few flurries right now at the top of CT. We're forecast to get a couple of inches. Yea I wish this storm would go hover over Quebec too.

Hi Mike. We are going to be making some adjustments to the suspension to see if we can get it ironed out. It should handle better than her 2013 because of the RAS front end but it isn't yet.

Jack & Sandi

Hi Jack. If anyone can cure Sandi's sled, it is you. And thank you for taking the time and all your suggestions last week on my sled.

Luckily I cured it for free, still money left in the treasury for wine.

Come back to RDL again, I am almost always there.

mike

One simple solution gentlemen. "Snowtrackers". These are simply the best product I've ever put on any sled I've ever had. My dealer recommended them for my current Apex XTX and my sled has railed ever since. I had Simmons skis on most of my prior sleds. I am a very satisfied customer of snowtrackers!

post-692-0-76285000-1453579133_thumb.png

One simple solution gentlemen. "Snowtrackers". These are simply the best product I've ever put on any sled I've ever had. My dealer recommended them for my current Apex XTX and my sled has railed ever since. I had Simmons skis on most of my prior sleds. I am a very satisfied customer of snowtrackers!

attachicon.gifimage.png

they made them for yammis I had a 08 apex gt and put skidoo pilots5.9 on them and wow !!!! I never seen the need for them on a doo, and cant recall ever seeing anyone else with them .waaaay to aggressive !!!! dave tried them on the mach z . and ass end way always loose. just my 2 cents

• to the moon Alice

Today we rode to Milot and had a great lunch at the Truck Stop. Local trail off of 93, going to Milot, has been changed, I like it, for the first 10 miles. After lunch we headed to Monts Valian. Just before crossing the Peribonka River there was a section that the trail ran down thru trees for several miles. That landscape has all changed. The trees on the right side have all been removed. I was told that the owner is planting blueberries on the land. Had the best hot chocolate I've ever had the Monts Valian. Trails were great. Fellow with a new 2016 Vector had the engine blow after 64 miles.

Hi Bill,

We were wondering if the Peribonka River crossing was OK with the mild temps. Glad it is good now. That is always such a nice run.

Too bad with the Vector. I'll bet they find that it got assembled wrong.

We will be up around February 11th or 12th to see the you and the crew.

Jack & Sandi

Hi Bill,

We were wondering if the Peribonka River crossing was OK with the mild temps. Glad it is good now. That is always such a nice run.

Too bad with the Vector. I'll bet they find that it got assembled wrong.

We will be up around February 11th or 12th to see the you and the crew.

Jack & Sandi

It's all good

Trails yesterday were all great. Fresh snow on top of fresh groomed, how sweet it is.

post-2-0-36617300-1453980162_thumb.jpeg