No more STUDS in QUEBEC??

lindasledgirl

I’ve been riding in Quebec since ’95. There have been times when you’d be a fool not to have studs due to the ice in the corners. Any of you remember crossing the hydro dam heading back to St Zenon and trying to climb the hill on the way out when it was all ice?

I like to play by the rules. Just how I was brought up I guess. So I don’t think the possibility of getting a ticket at any road crossing is going to make riding in Quebec as enjoyable as it used to be. Again that’s just me, others might enjoy it.

And just because one officer lets you go doesn’t mean the next one will. They are all different my friends.

I hope the powers to be step up and change this before we get all the good snow that’s coming.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A member on HCS is apparently a FCMQ patrol officer. He posted that he and the other patrollers have been advised not to enforce the after market traction products rule for at least this year. I'm not sure that rules out the police doing the enforcing however

post-174-0-88832100-1453393164_thumb.jpg

Crisis averted and the idiocy stopped. Here is the retraction, It's in french but is there.

Thanks to everyone who assisted me in my direction of effort. I wanted to reply to each of you individually, but time was focused on the task at hand. Together I think we made an impact. We have a voice

Phew!

Here's the English translation.

QUEBEC, Jan. 21 2016 / CNW Telbec / -. The Minister of Transport of Quebec, Mr. Robert Poëti, explained that, as part of the pilot project on the use of slip on tires and track vehicles off-road, it was never his intention to ban anti-slip for snowmobiles, while reiterating that security on roads or off-road is a priority for him at all times.

"During the drafting of the ministerial order, a generalization of measures to all PHEVs could suggest that we will restrict the use of slip for snowmobiles, which is absolutely not the case. To avoid confusion in its application, the wording of the order will be clarified as soon as possible, "said Minister poeti.

For its part, the Federation of Quebec snowmobile clubs expressed reassured by the minister. "We consider that this is excellent news for the safety of snowmobilers and winter tourism industry," acknowledged the President of the Federation, M me Denise Grenier, while offering its full cooperation in this folder.

"This is great news for the snowmobile industry. I invite all snowmobilers to enjoy their sport while discovering the wealth winter and hospitality found in all regions of Quebec, "was keen to stress the Tourism Minister M me Dominique Vien .

Edited by Tbone

First hand experience this weekend with QPP on TQ43. Officers had no interest in studs. Just make sure you have current lic, all paperwork, proper registration numbers, MIRRORS (left required by law), proof of ins and your registration. Radar guns was also being used!

Ride safe