2016 Riviere du Loup Trail Conditions

mikerider

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got back last night 2/10. RDL was very thin. Headed est on 5 to Amqui. Once out of RDL trails were great! Sent a day riding with 2 local brothers, who took us on mostly local trails. Went to Pointe la Croux and to New Richmond. Had to head back to RDL. Best conditions of the season for us!

Anyone know the conditions between Montagmany and RDL? Thanks

Just got back last night 2/10. RDL was very thin. Headed est on 5 to Amqui. Once out of RDL trails were great! Sent a day riding with 2 local brothers, who took us on mostly local trails. Went to Pointe la Croux and to New Richmond. Had to head back to RDL. Best conditions of the season for us!

I think he was looking for conditions further south and west of RDL. You were quite a bit further east and south of where jak was looking.

- Glad you had a good ride.

Well not a big miles day but here is what I can tell you.. trail out of Universal groomed last night and excellent coverage. 85 down past Cabano to the 563, to 548, 35 to Pohenegamook all excellent, excellent lunch at Auberge Frontiers which we found out is open everyday now with new owners since we were here last (2 years). up the lake on 35 to 526, back to 85 and back to Universal all excellent.

i will post again tomorrow after we scout it out, the rain didn't seem to hurt the snow as it remained below freezing and walking around outside there is a crust on top of the 3 inches that fell earlier today, rain has stopped. i can only give you info for around here right now, I will keep my ears open for people returning the next couple of days

Well, the only good news is that there is still a trail base in most areas. The bad news is that it is glare ice or iced over snow with little to no cooling our lubrication. The only thing that saved our recon ride was that we both had ice scratchers, We did see one groomer on TQ5 and I will admit that it made it a little better but is was warm today, some areas there is absolutely nothing for the groomer to work with and it is going to get very cold again tonight so things will probably get worse than better. We are leaving a day early, just not worth it. Sorry for the bad news,

yeah folks, you can ride here but certainly not what we all hope for and are used to. Talked to some more guys a few minutes ago that just finished the loop and came from Amqui today, 180 miles in 6 hours but said it was not very good. A lot of people arriving here today to start the trip, shared what I know but some people are determined to go so I say bonne journey and bonne chance