2016 Riviere du Loup Trail Conditions

mikerider

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just reserved us 2 rooms at The Delta for the week of the Gathering. Just to cover our butts. Special Weather Statement says warm and rain expected in southern regions of Quebec with LSJ area expecting mostly snow.

Hi Whaler,

We're not out there but the site shows that the clubs are still grooming. We may be going out there next weekend. Maybe someone is there this weekend that can post real time conditions.

Where is the Mayor? Mike, are you going out there next weekend, March 5th 6th?

Jack & Sandi

OK Mike. I just made reservations at Universal. Jason and Yushen are coming up with us and it is just for the weekend. Not enough time to drive up to LSJ so we will leave the truck at Levis and ride to RDL.

There are plenty of pretty girls at LSJ too. I heard they like NASCAR mechanics!

Jack & Sandi

Big snow forecast from Montmagny to RDL and east. I am headed up to Montmagny and trudge through the storm to RDL tomorrow. Can someone give me info on the hotel in Amqui? I am hoping to stay there Tuesday night and then find a loop back to RDL Wednesday and another loop to Montmagny for Thursday.

My favorite is the Hotel Select, good clean place, with a good bar and great food. Very snowmobile friendly with lots of ground floor walk out rooms.

Right next to the Select is the Ambassador, also a great spot with good food and if I remember a nice bar too. It has been a few years since I have stayed there. The other big plus to this place is they offer secure indoor parking for sleds.

I have stayed at both and recommend either without hesitation.

Rode Montmagny to RDL via 5E to 55S to St Pamphile to 557 to 5 to the northern route by the river on 526. Lots of new snow overnight last night. 6-12 inches. Most of the trails today were awesome. Huge storm coming Wed. Decided to stay and ride from RDL rather than head to Amqui tomorrow. But did have one mishap near 526. That right ski is under water!! An hour later (and two wet feet) we were back on the trail. Met two sleds all day, but met them twice so that equals 4 - in 180 miles!!!

post-17-0-52617900-1456796468_thumb.jpg

Edited by gkw

Closed?? Really??? I was wondering when we were water skipping through the middle of it... Fresh snow hid any tracks and all I could do was follow the GPS. Coulda used ya yesterday, Mike. Russ wanted to take the short route to RDL and save 10 miles. But the rest of the day was pretty epic.

post-17-0-01768100-1456830170_thumb.jpeg

Gary, is that the little tunnel under the highway near Universal that you have to duck your head because it is so low? I remember that from years ago. It wasn't fun then either.

We will be at Universal Saturday night for one night if you are still there.

Jack & Sandi

Gary, is that the little tunnel under the highway near Universal that you have to duck your head because it is so low? I remember that from years ago. It wasn't fun then either.

We will be at Universal Saturday night for one night if you are still there.

Jack & Sandi

Nope. We also went through that tunnel which is still open! The one we went through (almost) was closed according to Mike a couple years ago. We are hanging around the hotel and riding local tomorrow and hope to get back to Montmagny Thursday AM.

I think the trails will be the best all season by this weekend!