2016 Riviere du Loup Trail Conditions

mikerider

Perfect yesterday to Squatec (almost too much soft snow as there has been very little traffic). Ditto for north toward Rt5. The further north, the bigger the problem with drifting. You can tell in some spots that there was icing underneath, but powder is the only problem getting around sharp corners. Power line back to RDL awesome (just a bit narrow). All areas will need grooming, especially after this storm, but should be fantastic here until the weather warms up or rain comes.

Also from yesterday... Drifts bounced me just over the edge of the hardpack...

post-17-0-84826700-1456916000_thumb.jpeg

post-17-0-49674000-1456916017_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone planning to be in the RDL area anytime this coming weekend thru the following weekend?

mike

We were headed out of St Raymond tomorrow, We may stay closer and make a run to RDL now that we have got some snow back.

HD

Anyone planning to be in the RDL area anytime this coming weekend thru the following weekend?

mike

Mike we will see you there Saturday night. Jason and Yushen are riding with us. It is just a one nighter this trip.

Jack & Sandi

What is the weather claiming for Friday thru Wednesday next week ? Might try coming Friday night and heading to Murdochville and back if the warm up doesn't kill it !! Thoughts ?

Tough decision, but I have decided to go to RDL this weekend for my last winter vacation of this season. Travel wise, this is a much quicker trip for me (although same mileage to Saguenay, it is an hour and a half less driving) and I will be driving up after working a night shift, plus it is a short vacation, only six full days of riding.

Hope where ever all end up, you have great riding. And if RDL, say hi.

mike

ok Mike,

We will be headed up on the 16-20 of March and are going to very interested in what you find. I have looked at the 14 day forcast for RDL and it looks to stay cool enough to hang on until we can get up there.

Edited by clk1x

Arrived at the Universal/RDL this afternoon (Saturday). May ride out 35 miles to club house for supper but most likely will stay in tonight, worked all night and then 7 hrs in the truck. Not feeling adventuresome, need more coffee before switching over to vin rouge.

I'm in room 110. Cell# 207-522-2673 (text only)

Conditions look great.

Was looking forward to a big night of drinking and friendship with friends from the Maritime provinces tonight. But seems a sled broke this morning and they won't make it.

Universal appears mobbed. Five clerks checking people in. Either a hockey tournament weekend or the bikini volleyball teams are back.

Driving up through Maine saw no good sled conditions all the way up the interstate to Houlton. First hour north thru New Brunswick looked dismal, then around St. Andre, N.B. snow kept getting deeper and deeper.

mike

Arrived at the Universal/RDL this afternoon (Saturday). May ride out 35 miles to club house for supper but most likely will stay in tonight, worked all night and then 7 hrs in the truck. Not feeling adventuresome, need more coffee before switching over to vin rouge.

I'm in room 110. Cell# 207-522-2673 (text only)

Conditions look great.

Was looking forward to a big night of drinking and friendship with friends from the Maritime provinces tonight. But seems a sled broke this morning and they won't make it.

Universal appears mobbed. Five clerks checking people in. Either a hockey tournament weekend or the bikini volleyball teams are back.

Driving up through Maine saw no good sled conditions all the way up the interstate to Houlton. First hour north thru New Brunswick looked dismal, then around St. Andre, N.B. snow kept getting deeper and deeper.

mike

Next year Mon Ami. We were looking forward to cocktails with you beside the pool.

Just amazing, a few weeks ago this area had the warm up and wasn't worth riding. They have had some major dumps of powder since then and I am happy to report we are back to mid winter conditions. First day of riding and trails all groomed and perfect, not much traffic, sun out, just stellar! 240 miles in 8 1/2 hours incl coffee stop and lunch. And now I am seeing maybe the forecast for this week is looking more hopeful. Lots of snow, not one ice patch. Did the westerly loop to Rimouski and Squatec.

mike

post-70-0-91666800-1457300828_thumb.jpg

post-70-0-61037100-1457301007_thumb.jpg

Day 1 we got dropped off in Jackman and rode up (Friday the 3rd.) it was a bit skinny the first 35 miles but smooth.

285 miles into RDL everything was in good shape and the club houses were all busy...

Day 2 we left RDL @7:00 am Saturday morning and 85 to Edmunston was perfect all the way.

Moose Valley was busy and all good except in Kedgwick that was special for about 15 miles.

Kedgwick south to Van Buren was great.

Back in Maine Van Buren to the Lakeview was flat and fast, must have been 200m sleds there...

Lakeview towards Eagle Lake was in poor shape, I used a few old routes to by pass some of that all the way in Portage.

340 miles in to Hews Brook Lodge.

This place should go on to your list of places to stay!!!

Day 3 we ran off trail to Chesuncook, There we met my Dad (our Taxi Driver...)

From there down the Lake to Jo Mary 175 miles.

800 Miles 95% was perfect!!!!

Sounds like an awesome trip, 1500. Surprised you even bothered to go to the County.

Today I made the loop west around to St. Pamphile for lunch. 90% freshly groomed, met 8 on coming sleds all day. Snow squalls in morning.

Close to the 30*F mark.

mike