2016 Riviere du Loup Trail Conditions

mikerider

Sounds like an awesome trip, 1500. Surprised you even bothered to go to the County.

Today I made the loop west around to St. Pamphile for lunch. 90% freshly groomed, met 8 on coming sleds all day. Snow squalls in morning.

Close to the 30*F mark.

mike

I like to make a loop and usually have several (friends) places I like to visit each trip.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Jack, always so good to see you and Sandy. Disappointed the bar was so full Saturday that we could not socialize.

By the way, you have me hooked on checking the grooming map every day!

mike

6:15 AM, about three inches of wet snow fell overnight, just now changing over to a very light freezing rain/almost rain.

mike

Few minutes after posting, it stopped. Now just cloudy out. There is hope!

Edited by mikerider

Thanks Jack, always so good to see you and Sandy. Disappointed the bar was so full Saturday that we could not socialize.

By the way, you have me hooked on checking the grooming map every day!

mike

The grooming update is great. Don't let the info out because everybody will use it.

It did fool me at Christmas at LSJ. The map shows where the groomers have been from the beacon on the groomer but one groomer went out without the drag just to bust up the worst moguls and maybe to see if he could make a safe trip before hooking to the drag. I was looking forward to a fresh groomed trail and found rough caterpillar tracks instead. :sorry:

Jack & Sandi

The four hours of vey light rain last evening didn't even hardly take away any of the 3 inches of snow that fell in the morning.

Riding conditions today were very nice. Looks like a little more rain may have fallen about 60 miles west of RDL, couple puddles in trail and couple swollen streams.

Also rode south down to trail 35 and around to 544 before returning to the#85 rail bed. All very nice.

mike

Easterly loop today, 250 miles of perfect trails and midwinter conditions.

Rode part way with legends of the trails, EddieSkiDoo, SkiDoo421 and Curtis.

attachicon.gifP1070807.JPG

attachicon.gifP1070817.JPG

attachicon.gifP1070813.JPG

attachicon.gifP1070809.JPG

Hi Mike

Glad Dave and Ed found good snow...

Snow is unreal and lots of it.

It was tough trying to stay with those 'youngsters' on the trail. I may be better off seeing if they can keep up with me at the bar.

Heading home Sunday, hope to meet up with both of you more next year.

mike

The trails look incredible Mike! A bit of a motley crew you are travelling with!

More like the Rat Pack.....haven't had any news on those boys all year, was wondering if they had stayed home and was polishing their sleds.

Edited by Trailblazer

Snow is unreal and lots of it.

It was tough trying to stay with those 'youngsters' on the trail. I may be better off seeing if they can keep up with me at the bar.

Heading home Sunday, hope to meet up with both of you more next year.

mike

Those "youngsters" are snow monsters!! True QuebecRiders!!

So another season ends and home tomorrow. Riviere du Loup treated me to another season of great trails. And so many stopped by to say hi, or have a drink or meal together, or a ride together. I enjoyed every minute.

The province and its people pulled through again as a warm inviting place with such citizens that I wish they were my neighbors. Their laughter and love of life makes for loud festive and welcoming visits to their club houses.

Regardless of politics, the Quebec people are so excited their premier is meeting this week with our president. It is much talked about with great hope for our two countries.

And lastly, at la Cage au Sports a few nights ago for supper, the Canadian anthem was sung on TV prior to the start of a hockey game. The very large crowd at the restaurant all joined singing loudly and with great spirit. They truly know they live in a special place.

Mike

Mike, I know you are leaving in the morning... what is your feeling on how conditions will be Tuesday-Wednesday, I know you are not a fortune teller but do you think the trail in and out of the Universal will be feasible ? I am sure the great people at les aventurieres will do everything they can on the trail past the clubhouse, we are trying to do a season ender. Thank You and hopefully we will meet next season, it was my pleasure to fill in in your absence with reports while we were there and you were not.

Mark

And a great job you did with the reports.

Lots of snow. All depends on the weather, which isn't looking promising.

Personally, I would not chance it with the couple days of rain and showers in the forecast. But I am just guessing. Did half day today and trails were outstanding.

Group just back from Amqui said it was amazing.

mike

We rode up from lac etchemin today, conditions seem like they are stuck in full winter on!. Great riding, snowed all day with 2 " of fresh lube, should hold another week at least from what it sounds. Headed east tomorrow to.mt st pierre.