2016 Riviere du Loup Trail Conditions

mikerider

Hi - I am thinking of leaving from the Beauceville clubhouse on Tuesday and heading east. Is there enough snow to get to Lac Etchemin?

GW

The power line has been groomed but may be Boney, , old water bars ect, all reports including our trip last week, where we left from lac etchemin, are good from lac Etchimen and points east. You would probably be ok. But if. In doubt, trailer to lac Etchimen maybe? Have a great ride RR

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rollicking good time tonight with Scranton, Phil and Florida Snowman.

Thanks gentlemen, a night of laughter, beer and wine.

And the sweetest waitress ever, according to our 3 to 1 vote on the matter

mike

Thanks for the reports Mike, heading up somewhere next Sunday had hoped to hit the North Shore this year but looking thin there yet just may end up at the Universal again as a take off spot

Rode half day with Scranton, Phil and Florida Snowman as they started their Gaspe voyage.

Headed east on a more southerly route, great snow, great ride.

Thanks for taking me along guys. Trip back to hotel went well, trails great. Hope to see you soon. Had a wonderful time. Please come again.

I posted this in Jack and Sandi posts, but just a reminder they are extending Trail 35 easterly to at least Rimouski, using what was green trails.

mike

On one hand, hated to see Scranton, Phil and Florida Snowman leave me.

But now Valerie is all mine. All mine guys. There is something better than the Gaspe! And its in RDL.

mike

Scranton's vote on Valerie doesn't count King Mike. His standards are Victoria Secrets models & up! Valerie is a belle femme!

Viper, I am leaving next Saturday but might catch you on your return to RDL.

Beer is always cold at the King's Pub, I'll buy you one.

mike

Not sure where we are headed yet going to go where the conditions are best maybe we will see you

Met Jim and Scott tonight in the bar at dinner. They came through Thetford Mines and said it wasn't very good.

Mike from New Brunswick is back in RDL. He says it looks better conditions here than at home.

GKW and I had a great meal with lots of Quebec vin tonight. Food here has been fantastic.

Later went back to the bar and met I'm4snow and Hugh and Mark. They are headed east. If they meet up out there with 'Phil's Wrecking Crew' they will have the time of their lives. Promised them great snow. Safe trip guys.

mike

Edited by mikerider

Hey Mike- Thanks for all the great reports! The wife and I are driving up to Levi tomorrow night and sledding to RDL on Friday. Called for a room at Universal and they said it was last one! Save some of that vino for us! Keep up the great reports!

Neksledder, look forward to seeing you and your wife. Haven't heard anything about Levi or Montmagny as far as conditions. Heard a few days ago that just south of Montmagny was problems with trees down and no grooming (north/south green trails under Montmagny). Just make sure to check sled trail conditions on Sledmagazine.com for conditions. I've been 2/3 the way over to Monmagny from RDL and everything is fine on the east/west trails, 5, 35, & 55. Also everything south and also west of RDL is fine, midwinter conditions. Have you been to the Universal Hotel before>

mike

Hey Mike, we have never stayed there. We circled gaspe years ago and started from rimouski. We're only up for a few days this trip, so not exactly sure where to go. Already reserved rooms at universal for winter gathering. Hope to leave from our camp in northern Vermont for that trip

Hey mikerider, thanks for the info on Universal, I have stayed there twice, once for a week and once for a night, somehow I didn't know about the ground floor rooms with sliding glass door. Just booked 5 nights arriving 2/14 in one of those rooms, much easier than schlepping out to the garages with all your stuff. Great time riding from there... our 1 week stay there was low or no snow leaving the hotel but the great people at the les adventuriers club let us trailer and park at the clubhouse and the snow was good from there. Those people are grooming fools, they never stop.

Thanks Snowdog. I think? I will be there during all or part of your stay. Don't have my schedule with me.

Neksled. if you are touring beyond RDl, Anqui would be your next best stop, 200 miles. Or stay another night and do a loop easterly and return to RDL.

Several inches this week in mini snow squalls but none today. After yesterday morning squall got 24 hrs of high winds. Today was drift banging day. Great day with GKW.

pic of today.

post-70-0-63760800-1453343756_thumb.jpg

Jack and Sandi left this morning for Bernier's. I too a waiting for a report.