2016 Riviere du Loup Trail Conditions

mikerider

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hope to see you there mikerider, we spend the evenings in the bar as I enjoy my rouge.

Had to make a quick truck ride this morning. Went by Levi and Montmagny. Saw groomed trails and sleds on them. Looked fine.

I like my wine also, either color!

mike

Hi Mike!

We are heading up Saturday morning staying until Friday. Look forward to seeing you if you are still there.

Shane

Arrived back to the Universal today (Thursday). Had time for a quick 75 miles jaunt. First few miles an ice spot here and there, nothing serious, then smooth sailing.

Next nine nights in Rm 114. 207-522-2673 (texts only)

Driving up today I had my bottles of rouge on the front floor of the truck. Apparently too close to the heater vent.

Heard the pop of a wine bottle being opened, a beautiful sound even at 8:00 AM.

At the same time the cork launched like a heat seeking scud missile ricocheting off glass, plastic, and upholstery.

I reached for the wine bottle, now open and cork nowhere to be found, and set the bottle on top of some items on the front seat.

The bottle sat there for the next few hours like a scolded dog, ears down, tail between its legs, looking straight ahead.

If posting this story saves just one life, it will be worth the silliness of it all.

mike

Funny story Mike! Glad you didn't get a summons for an open container of alcohol inside your vehicle! LOL

Have fun for the next 9 days! I'm working on my tan in Anguilla! My wife's birthday is tomorrow. Happy Wife. Happy Life!

post-692-0-35684900-1454021222_thumb.jpeg

Best,

Tom

Edited by Florida Snowman

Wine doesn't go bad, it just ages like us. If it tastes funny, throw a little ice in it.

I'm looking at the warm up again. It is the end of January, we shouldn't be getting days above freezing in Quebec. We are trying to decide where to go next. Tuesday we are driving in the truck somewhere!

Jack & Sandi

Drank some of the bad boy wine last night. It was fine.

Jack and Sandi, always happy if you come this way. Last I looked on forecast said showers here Tuesday and others said warm and snow flurries. Who knows!

mike

The hotel has been very active with Quebecriders past couple nights. So good to see everyone.

The big news was that all the north American sled magazine writers were at the motel Thursday night, as well as SkiDoo reps.

I suspect the mag writers got to try out the 2017 SkiDoos. Tried as I might, I got zero info on the new sleds.

I suspect they had some very secure area nearby to ride them but I could not find it. I would have rented a plane to look but it was a dark and cloudy day with on and off snow showers.

Conditions are great.

mike

post-70-0-70308000-1454123087_thumb.jpg

post-70-0-43983200-1454123255_thumb.jpg

post-70-0-30098700-1454123455_thumb.jpg

Keep the reports coming Mike, particularly if rain & warm weather happens. Coming up Sunday for 4-5 days. Don't know if you remember me, got back into the sport after 9 years off, managed 2500mi. last year, these new machines are amazing. Maybe we'll run into each other. Take care.

Mike

Leave some snow on the trails, we should be pulling into RDL about 6:00 with the truck

Schooter