mikerider

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ray

That sounds like 2 bottles. The first and the last.

Remember you do not count the ones in the middle.

Schooter

Hi Mike,

With the warm up and some rain Sun and Mon we've decided to head more north this trip. We are starting at Roquemont and then riding up to the lake to see Bill and others. We are scheduled for the gathering in March if the snow holds up.

Happy riding.

Jack & Sandi

Probably a good choice jack.

Hi Deano. Time to come north, miss seeing you.

Be in the bar at 6:30, eating there or one of the hotel restaurants after a drink.

The mayor's slush fund is broke already this winter, but if you come Ray, I will use my own money.

And Jak, I absolutely remember you and have seen some of your posts elsewhere and wondered if it was you. Toast to the days in Montmagny! Stop by please.

Today Farmerold and I did a loop that was groomed to perfection the entire way. We had the sleds in overdrive and dusted off Farmer's cobwebs. He is still a child inside that old body.. We helped unbury a mountain sled and helped a tracked four wheeler that was stuck

mike

post-70-0-44451600-1454190513_thumb.jpg

post-70-0-27784200-1454190645_thumb.jpg

post-70-0-87667000-1454190718_thumb.jpg

With the forecast the way it is, I think we will have a better chance heading north out of Roquemont.

What's Farmerold doing out there? We haven't seen him in awhile. We were hoping to get a glimpse of him riding around Lac St Jean. Say hi to him for us.

Jack & Sandi

Farmer got in his first ride of the season today. He is achy tonight.

Lots of time at the bar tonight helped his pain. Great time with EddieSkidoo, SkiDoo420, Farmerold, and Easyrider.

If you haven't met Easyrider, he is an experienced Quebec traveler and is a great fit to our motley crew.

mike

Just the warm weather did some damage today. This was the first day I went west since returning to RDL and about 40 miles out it appears there was rain in a 30 or 40 mile swath while I was home last week. They lost quite a bit of snow in this area along trail 5. Once we headed south at Club Hibouix it got more wintry again. So tonight and tomorrow rain is forecast so things may not be good in this region. Quite a change, just yesterday going east was awesome and looked like midwinter. I may have to go to plan B, as soon as I figure out what plan B is.

Jack and Sandy; I go back to work in 6 days (Sat. night). You made a good decision going to Saguanay.

Today Farmerold and I did 249 miles. Trails were nice except one 30 mile section leaving St. Pamphile.

mike

This morning looks dark, cloudy and it is very warm. Some groups still planning on saddlebagging towards the Gaspe.

Doesn't look like we got much rain overnight if any, not raining now and only sprinkled a half hour last evening.

From my view around the hotel, I would say it looks grim and not worth riding until cold and new snow.

Might be better over towards Amqui and easterly.

mike

Sitting here in Rimouski at the dear having one of the machines looked at

All I see is snirt from dealer window and raining pretty steady 😢

This morning looks dark, cloudy and it is very warm. Some groups still planning on saddlebagging towards the Gaspe.

Doesn't look like we got much rain overnight if any, not raining now and only sprinkled a half hour last evening.

From my view around the hotel, I would say it looks grim and not worth riding until cold and new snow.

Might be better over towards Amqui and easterly.

mike

Mike it looks like the rain is done from looking at the radars how did things survive the warm up?

Andy

Two days of warm temps and just a little rain. Looks pretty dismal. Saw four or five saddlebag groups leave the hotel this morning in the rain. Sun just came out.

For me it may be a spa day! While the riding has been fantastic up until yesterday, the snow depth was not deep especially in the fields. Will hang around for a couple days and see if things come around.

One person had to ride his sled back from the Polaris dealer to the hotel and said it was very icy. Without heading out on the sled, my guess is conditions aren't good at all.

Andy, you have been quiet this winter, much riding?

So Shooter, how was the ride to Rimouski? Did you get the Cat fixed in RDL? Is this another breakdown of another sled?

mike

Mike we are at the dealer in Rimouski with the truck

The RDL dealer could not get us in till Tuesday so we have the front desk call the other dealer

They are replacing the stator seems like a wire had rubbed through

Mike

We are in Matane tonight but trails are bare

So we are planning to drive to the Delta tomorrow

More truck time 😤😤

It part of the adventure !

The dealer in Rimounski was very helpful and found the electrical problem stator wiring to ground

So hopefully 4.5 days of riding out of the Delta

Two days of warm temps and just a little rain. Looks pretty dismal. Saw four or five saddlebag groups leave the hotel this morning in the rain. Sun just came out.

For me it may be a spa day! While the riding has been fantastic up until yesterday, the snow depth was not deep especially in the fields. Will hang around for a couple days and see if things come around.

One person had to ride his sled back from the Polaris dealer to the hotel and said it was very icy. Without heading out on the sled, my guess is conditions aren't good at all.

Andy, you have been quiet this winter, much riding?

So Shooter, how was the ride to Rimouski? Did you get the Cat fixed in RDL? Is this another breakdown of another sled?

mike

Hi Mike

I have only been up to Bathurst for 2 overnights. Absolutely brutal here with only 500 miles on my new sled. Hope to head out Thursday for a 10 day ride.

Andy

Good luck Andy, probably anywhere with a good base of snow will recover quick. Never seen a winter like this in over 50 yrs of sledding. Hope to see you on the trail this winter, we usually get at least two quick visits per winter.

Shooter, probably a good move to head north, I bet Saguenay will be great. I can't help but wonder if Amqui area will be good in a day.

mike

Probably my fault on the poor snow this year Mike seems every time I get a new sled we have a poor winter. Got lucky and picked the right week last week and had a good trip up Lac St. Jean

I got a new sled too so I will take part of the blame for this lousy winter. I guess I can't complain, I have had some great riding and have almost 2,000 miles on so far.

But it is tough looking out the hotel window now and seeing 'yuk'. Snow looks thin and very hard.

I wish Saguenay Bill would post conditions since the warm up of his area. Lot of people asking how that area made out.

mike