Season Opener 2016 GO TO THE SNOW!

Florida Snowman

A great ride report Tom. The time and effort to do your daily updates are appreciated by all. It certainly takes time out of your evening to write these and post pictures while the rest of the guys are drinking at the bar and making up stories of how the cute little waitress was flirting and making eyes at them!! LOL Glad you made it home safe before the storm hit too bad.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been there before

X2 on nice place and service

2 yrs back we drove up from MTL and stayed there, when registering the clerk asked us for our car keys. We asked why, he told us they offer a rescue service, should you break down anywhere on the penninsula they will have someone drive your truck to come and pick you up.

Well low and behold one of us did break down in MSP and had to make the call, worked out great. Nice to have when you're way out and stranded.

I will be back!

It is amazing the level to which the Quebecois will go out of their way to help out others in need & make sure our "holiday" is the best ever. Speaking of Mont-Saint-Pierre breakdowns, always get Pierre Coulombe at Garage Leon Coulombe & Fils (Yamaha Dealer) involved in any service problem or breakdowns regardless the brand of sled you're riding. He is a wonderful man with a great shop that has helped us over the years with repairs on various brand sleds. He is involved at the club level & has or may still be the club President. An excellent ambassador to our sport! His son Phillip is also a gem.

post-692-0-85905800-1453568123_thumb.jpeg

Pic from March 2015

Edited by Florida Snowman

Congrats on making back in time, let us all know how that nor'easter turns out.

Thanks a lot for your unbelievable efforts to report and post pics daily on your trip Tom. I loved following them and getting educated of the regions.

When's your trip?

Heading up to the chalet with the crew to break in my new ride.

JG

Enjoy your new ride JG! Have a great weekend at your chalet! Looks like there is lots of snow in that area now!

Been there before

X2 on nice place and service

2 yrs back we drove up from MTL and stayed there, when registering the clerk asked us for our car keys. We asked why, he told us they offer a rescue service, should you break down anywhere on the penninsula they will have someone drive your truck to come and pick you up.

Well low and behold one of us did break down in MSP and had to make the call, worked out great. Nice to have when you're way out and stranded.

I will be back!

FYI, Joann who owns Chez Charle in St Anne De Beaupre will also provide rescue with your truck and trailer. Shes a big rider who is known to ride 300 miles a day, solo. She lost her access a couple of yrs ago,,, but you can park 1/4 mile away as the crow fly's, in a farmers SAFE parking lot, loaded (20-30 - weekends) with locals - yokels trucks + trailers, with camps out in the woods, $10 bucks /per day. $69 usd, for a 2 bed room condo. Nice lady.

post-318-0-39594200-1453566873_thumb.jpg

post-318-0-74302500-1453566899_thumb.jpg

A great ride report Tom. The time and effort to do your daily updates are appreciated by all. It certainly takes time out of your evening to write these and post pictures while the rest of the guys are drinking at the bar and making up stories of how the cute little waitress was flirting and making eyes at them!! LOL Glad you made it home safe before the storm hit too bad.

Thanks Steven. We had an amazing trip! Trails were great. Sleds worked hard & did not fail us. Nobody should hesitate to ride Bas Saint Laurent, Gaspesie, & Charlevoix right now! Load up your trailers & get to PQ! Lots of green circles with 3 yellow stars showing up all over the PQ right now on Sled Magazine trail conditions website! Yea!

Major blizzard conditions currently in NJ/NYC right now. Well over 12" & snowing like crazy at my house right now. Not expected to move out of the area until very early Sunday morning. I hope it gets to PQ but I think it will move too far east & out to sea. Time for me to get the snowblower fired up for the first time this winter! My sleds are all in Trois-Rivieres so I can't ride the streets of NJ!

Are you riding the week before or after the gathering? My first day on the sled is Friday March 4th. Haven't decided where my starting point is yet. Might just loop & do Chibougamao, Matagami, Val D'Or, Abitibi-Temiscamingue etc & then drop down & cruise the Chaudiere Appalaches in to RDL. Options................not a bad thing!

Stay well & see you in March!

Best,

Tom

Momo

Motel Charlie omg that place is blast from the past, stayed there several times when Charlie was running it, then one time many years back he told us his daughter will taking over. 3 yrs back we stopped in for the night and was a little confused when the trail led us to that farm, while we were circling the parking lot a lady came out of her house and asked if we were going to Motel Charlie. My god we were so shocked how the heck did she knew where we were going, then the explaination came out and all was understood. Johanne picked us up herself and gave us the official explanation.

No time yet time . I was in your home area sunday monday for a horse sale at the meadowlands . Did the Hoboken pub crawl on sunday afternoon and went to the River Palm terrace for dinner with 8 guys. Had the porterhouse for two! It was fantastic!

Mmm hmm! All 3 River Palms in north jersey KICK ASS! But Edgewater is the original old boy spot, with the mayor and the mafia dining side by side. Makes ya feel sorry for vegetarians!

Day 6

After darkness fell on us we took advantage of riding several miles of plowed roadway that was made to service the areas wind farm generators & which ran relatively parallel to TQ5. We then picked up the TQ5 trail again & arrived in Mont-Saint-Pierre at 5:30pm. Overall yet another fantastic day of riding!

248 miles

Do NOT let the NEB Boys tease you with Rhockin Rhoadman! You know 248 is totally respectable considering so much tourist time!

But hey, whasssup with the darkness aversion, did you not get the headlight option on the XTX, or are you just scared of the vampires & zombies?

It is amazing the level to which the Quebecois will go out of their way to help out others in need & make sure our "holiday" is the best ever. Speaking of Mont-Saint-Pierre breakdowns, always get Pierre Coulombe at Garage Leon Coulombe & Fils (Yamaha Dealer) involved in any service problem or breakdowns regardless the brand of sled you're riding. He is a wonderful man with a great shop that has helped us over the years with repairs on various brand sleds. He is involved at the club level & has or may still be the club President. An excellent ambassador to our sport! His son Phillip is also a gem.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Pic from March 2015

OMFG, that Pierre is da bomb, while he was talking up the new trail he'd cut & groomed for better lookouts we mentioned that we'd love a splash of gas, and when he came up for air and we asked about the gas he said MY GUY ALREADY PUT 5 GALLONS PER MACHINE OUTSIDE!

OMFG, that Pierre is da bomb, while he was talking up the new trail he'd cut & groomed for better lookouts we mentioned that we'd love a splash of gas, and when he came up for air and we asked about the gas he said MY GUY ALREADY PUT 5 GALLONS PER MACHINE OUTSIDE!

That's the Pierre I know also! One hell of a mensch!

Do NOT let the NEB Boys tease you with Rhockin Rhoadman! You know 248 is totally respectable considering so much tourist time!

But hey, whasssup with the darkness aversion, did you not get the headlight option on the XTX, or are you just scared of the vampires & zombies?

Vampires & zombies have always put my hair in a wad after darkness falls David! I like riding into daylight & sunset. Once the sun is down so is my attention span. That's when it's time for a hot shower & a trail meeting!

Mmm hmm! All 3 River Palms in north jersey KICK ASS! But Edgewater is the original old boy spot, with the mayor and the mafia dining side by side. Makes ya feel sorry for vegetarians!

I always feel sorry for vegetarians but have no sympathy for vegans! LOL