Season Opener 2016 GO TO THE SNOW!

Florida Snowman

Wow. 350 on a day that included taking the ferry? Crazy - The Yammis are singing!!

Be safe + happy trails!

Hey Ken,

Was thinking of you when we checked into the Selectotel Amqui this afternoon. We were neighbors here at the QR gathering last March. Get your sled to the Gaspesie now. It's time!

Best,

Tom

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Verrrrry nice!!!!!!!!!!

enjoy and take care!

Hey Alain,

Congratulations again on winning the Iceman lottery! Keep up your great trail adventures reporting!

Best,

Tom

Boys you rock

Ride'm like ya stole'm

Hey JG,

Is there any other way to ride? You got your baby back together? Let's ride in early March to the gathering in RDL together.

Best,

Tom

Your "snow GPS" seems to be working well

Lovin' the pics - have fun!

We relied on all available sources of intel Ken. So far we have been finding premium riding conditions. Load your trailer!

BEST DAY IN THE OFFICE is when you are not there but out in snowy heaven ENJOY !

You got that right Brion! We still have another 4-5 days of riding ahead!

Keep us up to date on the adventure. Your stories Tom are always the best.

mike

We had a great time riding with you this morning Mike! I love your new sled and the color is amazing! Best of luck with it. We will see you Friday night in RDL unless this nor'easter hammers New York and Pennsylvania on Saturday and in that case we might just be staying in the Gaspesie another week! Wouldn't that suck! LOL

Looks good boys. Looks like you guys will be circling the gaspe twice this year EH! We will be up a week from today, gotta see what this potential weekend Noreaster does

Hopefully Jim.

Just curious as to where the one lane bridge in your pictures is? Been through a lot of the trails in that area, but don't remember that. Looks like a little ways down!

Looks like they are extending 35 easterly, at least to Rimouski. Very nice new bridge just east of Squatec.

You're a big tough guy David! You can handle long days of riding with ease! Time to trailer & ride!

Best to Nora,

Tom

No time yet time . I was in your home area sunday monday for a horse sale at the meadowlands . Did the Hoboken pub crawl on sunday afternoon and went to the River Palm terrace for dinner with 8 guys. Had the porterhouse for two! It was fantastic!

Looks good down your way gents. Rode from St Anne on 3- 369- 23 to 93 in Mistassini. 23 groomed all the way to alma. Headed to la dore via giradville on 93. Plenty of snow in Mistassini. East side of LSJ thin but fine Phil, looks like your enjoying your new ride. Catch up with y'all later Cheers ....Michael

Looks like they are extending 35 easterly, at least to Rimouski. Very nice new bridge just east of Squatec.

I remember seeing that a lot of trail work had been done around Squatec last year, maybe this is what they were gearing up for. Thanks very much for the info!

Hey Ken,

Was thinking of you when we checked into the Selectotel Amqui this afternoon. We were neighbors here at the QR gathering last March. Get your sled to the Gaspesie now. It's time!

Best,

Tom

Yup. We had some very good riding too as I remember. You were with Scott and I on + off as we headed west toward Montmagny and you to Trois Riviers.

Thanks for sharing. You're in a great area for good riding. Have fun, wish I was there!!

Mike,

Sounds like your enjoying your vacation. You said you met some guys that rode up from Thetford Mines and it was awful? The conditions are posted as good as of today. If you here anything let me know. We are headed up Sun or monday and where thinking of dropping there. And head East possibly through Maine or up into NB.

Thanks

Yes, couple nice guys, at bar last night, said they too saw good report, but when they actually went through, either yesterday or two days ago, can't remember, said it was terrible. I haven't heard any other reports of that area.

mike

Hope you have the bearded man with you tonight feeding him some rouge!! Enjoy Amqui, a great snowmobile town.

Steven unfortunately we did not see him maybe on the way back thur.

Day 5

Woke up to 1" fresh Pow Pow & snowing lightly. Nice! Opened the restaurant at 6:00am for breakfast. Saddled up the ponies & pulled out of Amqui at 7:15am. TQ5 east all day. Always nice riding perfectly groomed trails with 1"-2" of pow on top for lubrication! Who doesn't like that? On a scale of 1 to 10, today was an 11 with just a few caveats! Oh what a ride it was! Today has to be in my top 10 lists of outstanding quality & enjoyment. And the forecast for the next 3 days is awesome! Today's intel showed blizzard conditions on the entire north shore of the Gaspesie! School up there was cancelled for the day. Oh Yea! By the time we circle counterclockwise to the north shore all that fresh should be groomed & manicured nicely! Today's caveat was small. TQ5 thru the lower elevation farms in and around the Carleton area was very thin but completely passable for @ 4 to 5 miles. Took gas in Nouvelle and needed to fill my 2 reserve 1.25 gallon jerry cans that I had emptied into my Yamapig Apex XTX tank earlier. Trails were so amazing the happy paddle was pinned to the handle bars for most of the day! Oh that roar of my girl! That sound, & the exhilaration that results from it, provide me that oblivion I'm always dreaming for! Continued after fueling and stopped again for fuel at the oceanside in Saint-Godefroi. I chatted with the owner for a while then I made 5 or 6 cell phone calls to see what the story is getting to Rocher-Perce. Scranton1 has never been to the rock so recon was needed given all the problems last year & low snow levels this year. More on that in tomorrow's post. Continued on TQ5 (several reroutes this year compared to my GPS tracks from last March) & pulled into Motel Fraser in Chandler at 3:30pm under a beautiful clearing sky! Oh what a ride it was! I have a grin from ear to ear & will probably have trouble sleeping tonight knowing what we have ahead for the next 3-4 days!

288 miles