Season Opener 2016 GO TO THE SNOW!

Florida Snowman

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy Tom i am in AH, just can't fathem how outstanding those trail conditions are.

Have fun boys, be safe and keep posting.

Living the dream in the garage now, will be out soon.

Hey JG,

Could have banged out another 100 miles if the daylight would have lasted! Awesome for sure!

Get your girl massaged & ready. It's time out east!

Tom

Looks good down your way gents. Rode from St Anne on 3- 369- 23 to 93 in Mistassini. 23 groomed all the way to alma. Headed to la dore via giradville on 93. Plenty of snow in Mistassini. East side of LSJ thin but fine Phil, looks like your enjoying your new ride. Catch up with y'all later Cheers ....Michael

Hey Michael. Glad to see you're up & sledding! Are you riding to the gathering in March? Have a great trip. Ride safe & enjoy.

Best,

Tom

hi all !!!

great to follow your adventure looking at your pics !!! many great ones !!!

tom ,looking at your pics....i just realized that i forgot to go to bridge....ahahhha....i come down the hill ..the first exit next to bridge....instead of turning left ,i decided to turn right at bottom of hill to make a change

so asleep on my way back ...forgot to go to bridge !!!

still snowing lightly here...with a bit of strong winds time to time !!!

ps...i was still sleeping when you were in town this morning....

jean-guy

No time yet time . I was in your home area sunday monday for a horse sale at the meadowlands . Did the Hoboken pub crawl on sunday afternoon and went to the River Palm terrace for dinner with 8 guys. Had the porterhouse for two! It was fantastic!

Hey David,

Pub crawl & then steak at River Palm --- now you're talking! Sorry I missed you! Did you sleep well that night? LOL

Edited by Florida Snowman

hi all !!!

great to follow your adventure looking at your pics !!! many great ones !!!

tom ,looking at your pics....i just realized that i forgot to go to bridge....ahahhha....i come down the hill ..the first exit next to bridge....instead of turning left ,i decided to turn right at bottom of hill to make a change

so asleep on my way back ...forgot to go to bridge !!!

still snowing lightly here...with a bit of strong winds time to time !!!

ps...i was still sleeping when you were in town this morning....

jean-guy

Hey JG,

Sorry we missed you last night & we left early this morning. Your trails are in AMAZING shape!!! But then again you're doing the grooming so we come to expect & receive perfection from you!!! We might be by your way Thursday or Friday on our return back west.

Best,

Tom

Leaving next Wednesday riding that area 4-5 days. New 800 renegade X Hope to ride with u guys before gathering

That would be awesome Dave! It's been too long since we've rode together. My travel dates for March are in post # 78 above. Let's make it happen!

Day 6

Woke up to 22*F with a gorgeous sunrise. Another perfect day for snowmobiling yet again! We opened the restaurant at 6:00am & after saddling the sleds we departed at 7:15am. Today's primary objective was to visit Perce and see Rocher-Perce. Scranton1 a/k/a "Rabbit" had never seen "The Rock" & with today's blue sky & sun we knew we had to try. Took TQ5 east out of Chandler. The first 15 miles east of Chandler was like a snowcross track. After that the trails were beautiful. Yesterday's recon determined that TQ5 had a bridge out & was closed at a river crossing west of Perce. We were going to try to get there anyway. When we got to the barricade showing the TQ5 was closed we went around it anyway and then saw men & heavy equipment building a new bridge. They had installed a temporary steel grid bridge adjacent to the bridge they were building. We waved & crossed to the other side. Glad we went around the barricade. One issue solved. We continued on TQ5 to LT & made our way thru many fields & unmarked trails. After several attempts we made it to the pier in Perce. Took pics & then headed to the trail behind the church & up the mountain to the chapel at the summit. Had to give Rabbit the whole tour. There was no gas observed in Perce again this year. Continued on TQ5 to Gaspe & fueled the very close to empty sleds. While talking with the gas station owners we determined that TQ5 above Gaspe was not smooth & groomed well. They suggested another route. We took VTT TQ30 along the river all the way to 597 & into Murdochville to get fuel. What a beautiful trail. Marked that in my notes for next time up this way. Always nice trying something new even if it's a VTT trail! We left Murdochville & backtracked a few miles & picked up VTT TQ30 again. A little wooden sign said 87km to Mont-Saint-Pierre. Off we went. We broke trail (12-18 inches fresh pow pow) & pushed snow for the next 20 miles or so. Sweet! This trail dumped us on 597 which we took to TQ5. TQ5 had sections of trail where 1-2 sleds before us had broke trail & also sections that were untouched with deep snow and major wind blown drifting up in higher elevations which we were breaking. After darkness fell on us we took advantage of riding several miles of plowed roadway that was made to service the areas wind farm generators & which ran relatively parallel to TQ5. We then picked up the TQ5 trail again & arrived in Mont-Saint-Pierre at 5:30pm. Overall yet another fantastic day of riding!

248 miles

Edited by Florida Snowman