2016 Jack & Sandi's Trip

revct1

For those of us touring in Quebec, a two-stroke is more of a liability than an asset. The smell, carrying oil, longevity, etc makes a four-stroke a no-brainier.

X2 on the smell! I can't even stand to ride behind one with the new oil they are running.I can smell em when they go past in the other direction and can smell em when

I am coming up on them from behind from about a half mile out.And the warmer it is the worse they smell.

Hi Timbo
Don't let the 4 poke bullies get to you.
What makes me laugh about these guys is how they crow about not having to carry oil but most of them now carry GAS!!! Can you say kaboom???
I can saddle bag with out carrying oil or gas.
I'm putting down my deposit on a new 850 Renegade X this week.
Yours truly
Oily smelling 152 Ray

PS the odo pic is when my time bomb hit 7,000 miles last week & guess what? it didn't blow up...must have a long fuse

post-54-0-97623300-1458072619_thumb.jpeg

post-54-0-42700200-1458072636_thumb.jpeg

Edited by 182ray

Hi Timbo

What makes me laugh about these guys is how they crow about not having to carry oil but most of them now carry GAS!!! Can you say kaboom???

Yours truly

Oily smelling 152 Ray

PS the odo pic is when my time bomb hit 7,000 miles last week & guess what? it didn't blow up...must have a long fuse

Tic, Tic, Tic, Tic

You don't need to carry gas your not bagging :drinks:

Hi Timbo

Yours truly

Oily smelling 152 Ray

You tell'em Ray!!!

OK - 13,400 miles on the 2014 800 and there was 15,600 miles on the 2011 800 when I traded that one in. No kaboom. Maybe I'm due but it has been a long time.

There might be an 850 in the stable next season. And yes, my 2 smoke does get a little better gas mileage than Sandi's 4 poke.

Jack & Sandi

OK - 13,400 miles on the 2014 800 and there was 15,600 miles on the 2011 800 when I traded that one in. No kaboom. Maybe I'm due but it has been a long time.

There might be an 850 in the stable next season. And yes, my 2 smoke does get a little better gas mileage than Sandi's 4 poke.

Jack & Sandi

You're one of the lucky ones Jack but given you're always following Sandy those must lady miles eh and not taped miles lol lol.

The 2 strokes have gotten a lot more fuel efficient and in some levels even better than the 4 strokes I give you that but when you factor in the substantial cost of the injection oil it significantly increases the cost of fuel consumption.

A BRP rep at the Sneak Peak this week was telling us this new engine will burn 40% less oil than the 800 ETech and it supposed to be quite the arm ripper too. He was convincing enough for one of my local riding partners to put in an order for a new Gade 850.

We shall see

Hi Timbo

Yours truly

Oily smelling 152 Ray

That's awesome. Good luck with the new sled. And there's nothing quite like the sweet smell of 2S exhaust.

That's awesome. Good luck with the new sled. And there's nothing quite like the sweet smell of 2S exhaust.

Saying around here is, " they are all fun when they run"

Ive towed in a few 4 banger's in my day :help: All color's, including this winter.

Ok Tom, your turn :db: I know you've got one of me =@ on the rope :rofl:

post-318-0-12585700-1458309689_thumb.jpg

Ive towed in a few 4 banger's in my day :help: All color's, including this winter.

I'm having this picture framed...thanks Mike!!!

LOL Michael. I'm not as quick with the hall of shame photos as some other warlocks on this site!

Hi Timbo

Yours truly

Oily smelling 152 Ray

Ray - did the BRP folks say they've fixed the starters for the 850s or do you still need the trusty rope on the clutch trick? LOL

Ginger and I had a his and hers sleds.

Ginger will have to ride your orange X when I'm around just to keep up the tradition.

In reality, Ginger is safe, I'm keeping the 900 another year. Unless the lotto is good to me.

Ray - did the BRP folks say they've fixed the starters for the 850s or do you still need the trusty rope on the clutch trick? LOL

Yes BRP did address the starter issue. The ring gear is now on the mag side of the motor instead of the clutch side. Time will tell whether it works or not.

Jack & Sandi

Hi Jack - Most of the folks with starter issues on the 800 seem to have bad starters. Which side of the engine the ring gear is on won't fix a bad starter motor unless they believe it is a heat issue + BRP is able to reduce the heat from the exhaust by changing the mounting location/ring gear location (???)