Hotel Montagne Coupee

Justsick

Was wondering about the St. Come area. I don't see a lot of posts on this forum but was curious about a couple of 250-300 km runs from the St.Come area ? We've done the St.Zenon and north area and was wondering about areas east of here ? The trail conditions are starting to look better !

Although Montagne Coupee is a beautiful location, I would advise against staying there due to theft and the employees being involved. Happened to close friends whom I had to go pick up as a result.

When was that ? I know years ago there was a theft problem, but lately things seem to have improved. I'm not hearing the horror stories of whole rigs being driven away lately. LaCabanon had a sled stolen last year while we where there, but it was all blinged out, and quebec plated. They used a log skidder to get it up and over the fence. Theft happens but I don't think it's what it used to be.

Although Montagne Coupee is a beautiful location, I would advise against staying there due to theft and the employees being involved. Happened to close friends whom I had to go pick up as a result.

Some friends of mine had the same issue there but it was quite a few years ago

Krissy, Sabra and I just got back late last evening from 6 days at the Montagne Coupee.. We have done an early season "family trip" there the last 4 years. The Coupee is certainly one of the nicest "upscale" venues for riding in that part of Lenaudiere. Incredible hospitality and accommodations.

I first stayed at the Coupee over 10 years ago for one night on a loop trip that Krissy and i were making with another couple We were quite impressed. A year or two after that trip I heard that they had issues with theft of sleds and a vehicle. They instituted a number of provisions to increase their security thereafter and at present, I would say that the Coupee has among the most secure venues in Quebec. Their huge heated garage accommodates over 50 sleds, with access only in the company of a staff member. During the past 4 years we were fortunate enough to arrive early and not only were our sleds warm and snuggly, but we put our 4 sled enclosed trailer and my RAM, 2500 Mega Cab inside the heated garage, as well!

While I'm at it, I'll give a little update on conditions. The 341/349 was open to the Coupee and was in fair condition when we arrived. By the time we left yesterday, it was good. Riding north we rode the 341, 350, 23 & 63. We received a couple of inches of snow, each, on 3 of the 6 days we were there. Temps were down below zero F on each day. Daily highs were 7F to 19F.

The farther north we rode trails got increasingly better, and from ST-Damien on up, were great. Past Real Masse they were excellent. Only trails that were iffy were the St-Alphonse - St-Come sector. The last two days we rode the ice crossings were open in St-Jean. The 350 and 345 were just fine and groomed nearly every day. Farther west, Notre-Dame de la Merci and St-Donat trails were groomed and good.

I do think about theft but i checked with my insurances company to confirm I was covered in the province of Quebec. I know my new F350 King Ranch would be a target lol!

Don't want to sound ignorant but fyi the main targets have always been the Chevy and GMC pickups, not that I would take any chances with anything but something to keep in mind

Don't want to sound ignorant but fyi the main targets have always been the Chevy and GMC pickups, not that I would take any chances with anything but something to keep in mind

Ya, I wish. I lost brand new Ram, 3 sleds, gear and trailer a while ago in Granby. Hate that place!!!

Timbo, thanks for that info. I will have to make that place a destination now.

Krissy, Sabra and I just got back late last evening from 6 days at the Montagne Coupee.. We have done an early season "family trip" there the last 4 years. The Coupee is certainly one of the nicest "upscale" venues for riding in that part of Lenaudiere. Incredible hospitality and accommodations.

I first stayed at the Coupee over 10 years ago for one night on a loop trip that Krissy and i were making with another couple We were quite impressed. A year or two after that trip I heard that they had issues with theft of sleds and a vehicle. They instituted a number of provisions to increase their security thereafter and at present, I would say that the Coupee has among the most secure venues in Quebec. Their huge heated garage accommodates over 50 sleds, with access only in the company of a staff member. During the past 4 years we were fortunate enough to arrive early and not only were our sleds warm and snuggly, but we put our 4 sled enclosed trailer and my RAM, 2500 Mega Cab inside the heated garage, as well!

While I'm at it, I'll give a little update on conditions. The 341/349 was open to the Coupee and was in fair condition when we arrived. By the time we left yesterday, it was good. Riding north we rode the 341, 350, 23 & 63. We received a couple of inches of snow, each, on 3 of the 6 days we were there. Temps were down below zero F on each day. Daily highs were 7F to 19F.

The farther north we rode trails got increasingly better, and from ST-Damien on up, were great. Past Real Masse they were excellent. Only trails that were iffy were the St-Alphonse - St-Come sector. The last two days we rode the ice crossings were open in St-Jean. The 350 and 345 were just fine and groomed nearly every day. Farther west, Notre-Dame de la Merci and St-Donat trails were groomed and good.

Thank you very much timbo for this review and the trail condition update, I will try to start from home tomorroy

• 4 weeks later...

I know I'm late on this one, but I've been there done that, and if you hate fine dining, full spas w/indoor pools, comfy rooms, indoor heated parking, and the likelihood of bumping into friendly staff & guests, stay the hell away from this place! www.montagnecoupee.com/en/

• 3 years later...

I was wondering same thing? My friend who was on the trip, but wasn't the one who had stuff stolen, said he and others knew nothing about  the option of storing their stuff in garage? I have stayed there myself...and was encouraged politely by management to secure our sleds and even small trailer if I wanted to in their heated secure garage...which we did every time. At the time it was an extra $10.00 a night per sled...but a small price to pay. The only thing I can think is that perhaps the garage could not accommodate as many trailers and vehicles as they had with the group for a whole week? Was sorry to hear about this because we have stayed there many times and always had a great stay....in fact when I heard from my friend that they were starting and ending their tour there I really talked the place up to him....then he tells me of the theft when they got back. 

You are definitely right about friendliness of staff, great accomodations, pool, sauna, etc...view from overlook...and food. Very nice place. Too bad dirt bag thieves have to ruin a great experience.