Wish this had happened in Quebec.

Phil 1

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ
0707 PM EST SAT JAN 23 2016

...RECORD DAILY MAXIMUM SNOWFALL SET TODAY AT ALLENTOWN PA AS WELL AS T...HE ALL TIME RECORD STORM TOTAL FOR 1 AND 2 DAY "CALENDAR" DAY STORMS...

A RECORD SNOWFALL OF 30.0 INCHES WAS SET AT ALLENTOWN PA TODAY. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 7.7 SET IN 1966.

THIS AMOUNT WILL INCREASE FURTHER AND A FINAL UPDATED RECORD EVENT REPORT WILL POST AROUND 135 AM SUNDAY.

THIS MAKES THIS AN ALL TIME RECORD EVENT FOR A 1 DAY OR 2 CALENDAR DAY STORM.

THE PREVIOUS RECORD FOR A ONE DAY STORM WAS 24.0 INCHES FEBRUARY 11, 1983.

THE PRIOR RECORD TWO CALENDAR DAY TOTAL WAS 25.6 INCHES JANUARY 7-8, 1996. THIS STORM HAS SO FAR A TWO CALENDAR DAY TOTAL OF 31.7 INCHES.

BY THE WAY, THE NORMAL SEASONAL SNOWFALL FOR ALLENTOWN IS 32.9 INCHES...SO THIS STORM HAS BASICALLY PRODUCED A SEASONAL SNOWFALL WITHIN 24 HOURS!

I was watching it on the evening news tonight and thinking how we got cheated by Mother Nature and most of that storm will not be appreciated by the recipients.

Sorry guys wish I could have steered this North, I am 10 miles from Allentown. Hard to get the prospective but this is a 8.5 HP blower not a small machine.

post-51-0-05039800-1453605083_thumb.jpg

Some measurable snow 10 miles west of Allentown papost-198-0-50998400-1453639692_thumb.jpeg

2 feet plus here in White Plains, NY ...4 x 6 foot drifts....30+ inches @ JFK International Airport....What a waste of great snow : (

Edited by nyskidooerinnewhampshire

2 feet plus here in White Plains, NY ...4 x 6 foot drifts....30+ inches @ JFK International Airport....What a waste of great snow : (

So true, a serious lack of trails in Westchester County there eh? Hell not even one groomer. lol. Edited by iceman

So true, a serious lack of trails in Westchester County there eh? Hell not even one groomer. lol.

You got that right Don! The road riding was amazing yesterday afternoon & last night. Too bad my trailer was with Pierre. When are you boys heading out next?

Edited by Florida Snowman

You got that right Don! The road riding was amazing yesterday afternoon & last night. Too bad my trailer was with Pierre. When are you boys heading out next?

Ah fond childhood memories of riding the roads in storms when growing up in NY. Fun back then just to watch the Police try to catch us.

Next week starting on the Feb 3. Just another short run. Maybe just some runs from the house here out and back maybe one overnight not sure yet. Holding out for later in feb/early march. For a long ride.

Crazy the frickin news coverage of a snow storm, I mean come on now, a bit out of control. Like it never snowed before ever.

Ah fond childhood memories of riding the roads in storms when growing up in NY. Fun back then just to watch the Police try to catch us.

Next week starting on the Feb 3. Just another short run. Maybe just some runs from the house here out and back maybe one overnight not sure yet. Holding out for later in feb/early march. For a long ride.

Crazy the frickin news coverage of a snow storm, I mean come on now, a bit out of control. Like it never snowed before ever.

Interesting the growing up in N.Y.. if I might when did you immaginate I'm assuming you're mid to late 40s.

That's the news for you, sensational coverage of most things. What was last years catch phrase for the cold weather?, polar vortex, say what?

Interesting the growing up in N.Y.. if I might when did you immaginate I'm assuming you're mid to late 40s.

I immaginate all the time. I have quite the immagination. lol.

But I think you mean when did I move to Quebec full time? That would be 2009. With some adventure in between NY and QC.

Edited by iceman

I immaginate all the time. I have quite the immagination. lol.

But I think you mean when did I move to Quebec full time? That would be 2009. With some adventure in between NY and QC.

Thank you

Yes the prior is obvious via your writing but the latter was the true question on deck. My roots. Are from Quebec I personally could move the other half summer only. Kids are 2 @ 3 years out from college after that nothing holding me from a change. Not that I would ever sell completely out of Florida .

Thank you

Yes the prior is obvious via your writing but the latter was the true question on deck. My roots. Are from Quebec I personally could move the other half summer only. Kids are 2 @ 3 years out from college after that nothing holding me from a change. Not that I would ever sell completely out of Florida .

Before Quebec full time I left NY and lived close to 6 years on St. Croix in the USVI. I did 10 months beach and sun and 2 months sled time. Those were the days. The only kids I got have fur and they are smart, but not enough to go to college. I hope to get back to the point where I could do summers on the Island again someday. Margaritaville.

How many Puddy Cats do you guys have now Don? I'm down to 1 cat & 3 little dogs now. Lost 2 cats in the last 2 years to old age. I bet you miss St. Croix sometimes. Does your big sis still have her restaurant there operating? I'm heading to Anquilla on Thursday. Always wanted to do sled & beach trips back to back! My dream is becoming reality!

How many Puddy Cats do you guys have now Don? I'm down to 1 cat & 3 little dogs now. Lost 2 cats in the last 2 years to old age. I bet you miss St. Croix sometimes. Does your big sis still have her restaurant there operating? I'm heading to Anquilla on Thursday. Always wanted to do sled & beach trips back to back! My dream is becoming reality!

4 chats now. I miss St. Croix everday(more so when it's not winter). Yes my sister is holding down the fort on island. She is doing well. Hope to get down this summer for a visit.