TQ 43, 386 and 63

14 snow

Hi,

We have a planned trip on February 5-8 and we plan on riding into Quebec from Ontario near Swisha or somewhere along the river. Our first day in Quebec takes us up TQ43 to 386 and up the the Outfiffer lodge that popped up after Joncas shut down. From their we ride back towards Ontario and cross back at New Liskeard.

A few years back, I rode from Senneterre down to Joncas and then to Swish and I recall most of it being great trails, and mainly logging roads.

Can anyone comment on my noted route? What are the trails like in general and specifically this winter?

Thank you in advance.

I wonder if 14 Snow is referring to Pouvoirie La Verendre? It's on Trail 386 about 10 kilometres south of TQ63.

Yes this is the place we are staying on the Saturday night. I couldn't remember the exact name. I knew it wasn't Joncas, I was just using that as a reference point.

Yes this is the place we are staying on the Saturday night. I couldn't remember the exact name. I knew it wasn't Joncas, I was just using that as a reference point.

Remember that is a "cash" only place.....no CC

It's a small place off the grid (generator run) about 10 rooms, shared bathrooms, but very clean, a few miles off the trail, menu is fixed, that is menu of the day (no choosing). The reason I mentioned cash only is that it can be a problem!. A group of 3 last year found out the next morning at checkout

If in the area I would go back there! It was for sale last year. If they close, gas would be a problem in that area!

It's a small place off the grid (generator run) about 10 rooms, shared bathrooms, but very clean, a few miles off the trail, menu is fixed, that is menu of the day (no choosing). The reason I mentioned cash only is that it can be a problem!. A group of 3 last year found out the next morning at checkout

If in the area I would go back there! It was for sale last year. If they close, gas would be a problem in that arNice place to sta

Nice place to stay, hope it stays open, gas would be a problem not many options.

• 2 weeks later...

Was through there on Friday left from Swisha trail 386 freshly groomed. Gas was 2.00 a liter and Denise was very nice and friendly service. The 63 to Val D'or was at its best wide and very fast. I will most likely get on that trail from Swisha to Val D'or again in March.

Was through there on Friday left from Swisha trail 386 freshly groomed. Gas was 2.00 a liter and Denise was very nice and friendly service. The 63 to Val D'or was at its best wide and very fast. I will most likely get on that trail from Swisha to Val D'or again in March.

63 to Val D'or ???

I talked to the former partner/owner of the outfitter on Friday. He said this year will be the last winter they will be open. Not a good sign for the 386 trail from Swisha. It is a great ride up there.

are you talking about Pourvoirie Laverendrye ?

http://outfitterlaverendrye.com/

Going to try the trail from Swisha to Temiscaming runs along the Ottawa river 220 kilometers was not groomed last weekend but checked Temiscaming club web page and says groomer on the trail anyone on it this year yet? Will be very cold this weekend so need to have the long johns for sure.