On the trail at last

Jackstraw

Me and Eric arrived at bernieres last night with no plans on where to go as usual. In the am deceided to take the shuttle to the North shore and head up to valins. Shuttle picked us up at 8:30 later then we hoped for but off to the calibri hotel. To 3 East to the 369 up to l'etape. First 40 miles brown snow thin an rocks. After the first warming hut the 369 turns into what qc should be, smooth flat an fast all the way to l'etape for lunch which is late after shuttle and bank stop for money exchange. Tq23 from there to my apica incredible, from there to the 368 was showing signs of traffic. Ended up in chicoutomi for the night at Le Montagnais with 214 for the day. They offer a free shuttle to the north side of the saguenay from here if you want. The clincher was the room they gave us,

After circling the lot looking for it we figured out why they gave us knife instead of a key

You had to cut a hole in the styrofoam to get in. Gave us an upgraded room after the f up

Up to Valins and should be forestville for the night tomorrow

Last photo is are room

post-106-0-37349300-1453865186_thumb.jpeg

post-106-0-97531100-1453865225_thumb.jpeg

post-106-0-55060600-1453865275_thumb.jpeg

post-106-0-48495300-1453865314_thumb.jpeg

post-106-0-72116400-1453865346_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go get em Jim you're heading in the right direction

I am wondering why you drove to Bernieries and not across the bridge straight to the Colibri.

Thanks for taking the time to share, keep posting as we all love to follow and educate ourselves of the Quebec trails and their conditions.

Go get em Jim you're heading in the right direction

I am wondering why you drove to Bernieries and not across the bridge straight to the Colibri.

Thanks for taking the time to share, keep posting as we all love to follow and educate ourselves of the Quebec trails and their conditions.

Hey JG,

I bet they cross on the ferry in Baie Comeau to Matane & bang out the Gaspesie!

Day 2

Snow stopped overnight and woke to blue skies and sunshine. Saddled up and jumped on the 83 to 367 crossing at shipshaw to the 93, all sweet with fresh powder on top. Hung a left on the bras Louie to km31 for lunch. A good 8" of fresh snow in the mts made for a powder day. Fueled up and back on the 93 to the pelchat trail to les escoumans for the night at the pelchat. The pelchat trail was simply outstanding! Doesn't get any better. Tomorrow off to bae comeau to catch the 5pm ferry to matane. Maybe we'll make it this time, EH Phil? Haven't seen one American on the trail, in fact only passed a half dozen sleds so far. Amazing with no snow in the states and the exchange rate. Lemen Lulu?

post-106-0-60973500-1453937079_thumb.jpeg

post-106-0-80624100-1453937103_thumb.jpeg

post-106-0-97040100-1453937123_thumb.jpeg

Hey JG,

I bet they cross on the ferry in Baie Comeau to Matane & bang out the Gaspesie!

Bang on Tom

Jim....try putting your phone closer to your body like a pants leg pocket out of the wind, worked for me on the weekend after it froze on me in the glove box.

Keep posted pics looking good guys

I used the BRP "glove box warmer". Plugs into heated shield plug (BRP sells a splitter if you're also using a heated shied). Then put the warmer in a tank bag, strapping the phone to the little 3W heater with a rubber band (high tech)....then wrap all that in a spare fleece neck warmer thingy inside the tank bag and it worked great.

Warmer and splitter weren't much more than $20 total.

Edited by im4snow