On the trail at last

Jackstraw

Oh boy. Those conditions are degrading quickly. Unreal. They were finally getting started. Major suckage! At least you got back to the truck on the sleds & not on a trailer. Time for a car wash for the sleds eh?

You on the black trail to Schroon now or NJ guys?

Edited by Florida Snowman

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good run Jim

Last part sucks big time, we've all been there.

My crew was out that way on Saturday, Plessivllie, St .George, St. Marie they told it was all good,.

How fast things can turn around.

3 more weeks to the next run, that's like a week before the Gathering, are you in on the Gathering this year, guess riding to.

Final day

After a good night at the hotel bar, a little bit of a late start in the morning after the conga line dropped Eric off at the room in the we hours of the morning we saddled up and. Planned a easy ride back to the truck. Now the good, bad and the ugly. First the good, easy there wasn't any! Actually the first part of the morning was freshly groomed but didn't last. We headed west towards Saint georges and had lunch in Saint Marie that's when the bad began. I've never seen snow melt so fast.

Now it was lets just get to the truck before there is no snow! The ugly, don't think I've ever ridden so far on dirt. I mean 20 plus miles of dirt with snow mixed in. The farther east we went it got better but this area is kaput! Back in to bernieres is still rideable but barely. Tomorrows warm temps and rain will be the end. Had one outer carbide twisted like a pretzel and Eric snapped a torsion spring in the rear. Noticed it this morning fueling up. Must've broke last night on the 2ft moguls coming of the massive du Sud

Sled looked like a low rider, set of fuzzy dice in the windshield would have been complete! All in all 1204 miles of good times and back to the truck safely. 3 weeks till the next mission.

Only one pic and that basically sums it up

jim dave and myself rode back to lac etchem yesterday 55 was groomed sat nite so.... not bad , but snow was goning fast 557 was a hell hole for 39 miles with tug hiil moguls all the way from 35..to club house. the metrotel is a rocking place sat nites, don t expect to get much sleep before 3pm ha ha ha .

jim dave and myself rode back to lac etchem yesterday 55 was groomed sat nite so.... not bad , but snow was goning fast 557 was a hell hole for 39 miles with tug hiil moguls all the way from 35..to club house. the metrotel is a rocking place sat nites, don t expect to get much sleep before 3pm ha ha ha .

Too bad we missed each other, you 2 are always a good time. It doesn't help that the walls are paper thin at the meritol. And yes it was packed