back in the old days !!!

groomer

Nice thanks so much for posting. Brought back some memories, My first snowmobile was a 64 Olympic I bought second hand when I was 12 yrs old, he had one in that line up of ski-doos. Owned quite a few sleds since then, but that machine was the most fun.

I have a 63 Alpine in the back of the garage waiting to be restored, considering the winter we are having maybe I should have had that in the winter projects plan.

Nice thanks so much for posting. Brought back some memories, My first snowmobile was a 64 Olympic I bought second hand when I was 12 yrs old, he had one in that line up of ski-doos. Owned quite a few sleds since then, but that machine was the most fun.

I have a 63 Alpine in the back of the garage waiting to be restored, considering the winter we are having maybe I should have had that in the winter projects plan.

hi cnc !!!

i started riding on an olympic 12 / 3.......remember going to matane...oval races in a field...must be 72 ...team ski doo was there...duhamel and ferland and one more..desrosiers maybe !!!

early 70's remember seeing the frame and steering of an old alpine....63-64 !!!

thx all ...always great to remember old days !!!

all racing pics taken not too far from st donat ...s-e of rimouski !!!

i was maybe 8-10 y / o back then !!!

jean-guy

Nice pics Jean-Guy! In the early 70's I did a little local racing, mostly races sponsored by bars/ hotels, real amature stuff but fun. Several of us were running El Tigre Cats. We also used to go to Peterborough for the kawatha the cup as spectators.

Meet both Jacques and Gilles villeneuve who ran the Aloutte racing team back then.

Going to look for some of those old pics also.

Norm

Picture 3 looks like a Snow Cruiser. I started sledding back in 1969 on a 1967 Snow Cruiser.....it was fast as a D6 and just as fast!

Yes it is a snow cruiser I believe. Take a close look and check out the after market bumper and roll bar around the windshield, pretty wild.

Edited by Cnc

Picture 3 looks like a Snow Cruiser. I started sledding back in 1969 on a 1967 Snow Cruiser.....it was fast as a D6 and just as fast!

hahahah...friend of my dad !!!! '' queens '' of carnival in the sleight !!!...ahahah

jean-guy