Gaspe Loop?

Snobeeler

Setting up loop around Gaspe. This is my 4th time. Have stayed at hotel Francis in New Richmond before. No rooms left with 2 beds on 2/3. Has anyone stayed at these other places, please describe. In New Richmond the Hotel New Richmond, and Motel restaurant Fin Gourmet. In Bonaventure the Motel Grand-Pre. Thanks

In new rich we have always stayed at hotel Francis also. We used to stay at the grand pre in bonaventure, but haven t for several years, it used to be nice. We are booked in there tomorrow night, I'll let you know how it seems now.

Jeff

Thanks for the replies, will look forward to your Grand Pre thoughts Northbound.

Francis has rooms with one bed left but I aint letting nobody spoon me! :rofl:

Take a one bed room and get a roll-away bed. Flip a coin and the loser gets the roll away bed, It's just one night.

"Motel restaurant Fin Gourmet = The place in New Richmond behind the restaurant across from the gas station is not very expensive. It certainly isn't the Francis!"....Well said.

My wife, daughter & myself couldn't get a room at the Francis so we stayed at the Fin Gourmet as a "last resort". Aside from being convenient to gas, trails, ski-doo dealer you can literally park the sleds at your room door .

We ate and drank in the Francis. Great let down knowing we had to return to Fin Gourmet as the latter is no comparison to the Francis - Night & day.

Enjoy...Be flexible ...Make the best of it...

Edited by nyskidooerinnewhampshire

Take a one bed room and get a roll-away bed. Flip a coin and the loser gets the roll away bed, It's just one night.

Don, I inquired about a rollaway and was told they do not have any. Kinda stupid on their part. Lost revenue

"Motel restaurant Fin Gourmet = The place in New Richmond behind the restaurant across from the gas station is not very expensive. It certainly isn't the Francis!"....Well said.

My wife, daughter & myself couldn't get a room at the Francis so we stayed at the Fin Gourmet as a "last resort". Aside from being convenient to gas, trails, ski-doo dealer you can literally park the sleds at your room door .

We ate and drank in the Francis. Great let down knowing we had to return to Fin Gourmet as the latter is no comparison to the Francis - Night & day.

Enjoy...Be flexible ...Make the best of it...

Thanks smclelan & nyskidooer, I was kinda thinking that was gonna be the case. Leaning toward staying at Grand-pre in Bonaventure instead.

Edited by Snobeeler

We are at the grand pre tonight and it is the way we remember it. No big improvements but it is nice and clean if not real fancy. There is esso gas in town and a pleasant little restaurant out front of the motel.

Now here's the rub, it is about 5 miles off the 5 trail and some of the local trails into town are not signed real well. I sort of remembered the way in but still was looking at my gps. There used to be a Riotel here which drew in a lot of traffic, but not now. We passed a trail closed sign to get to the esso station. You will come up behind the station and the trail used to continue along this swampy area to the motel. It looked like no one had been through so we got gas and just followed the road for a few blocks to the motel.

If you need more info just PM me.

Another option would be the La Manoir Belle Plage in Carlton, it's a little nicer like Hotel Francis.

We are at the grand pre tonight and it is the way we remember it. No big improvements but it is nice and clean if not real fancy. There is esso gas in town and a pleasant little restaurant out front of the motel.

Now here's the rub, it is about 5 miles off the 5 trail and some of the local trails into town are not signed real well. I sort of remembered the way in but still was looking at my gps. There used to be a Riotel here which drew in a lot of traffic, but not now. We passed a trail closed sign to get to the esso station. You will come up behind the station and the trail used to continue along this swampy area to the motel. It looked like no one had been through so we got gas and just followed the road for a few blocks to the motel.

If you need more info just PM me.

Another option would be the La Manoir Belle Plage in Carlton, it's a little nicer like Hotel Francis.

Thanks for the info Northbound. Glad to hear your having nice rides

Fin Gourmet in New Richmond would not be a good choice if you are traveling with wife/girlfriend/family. It is your basic 'trucker's motel'. Rooms are tight but it is clean and inexpensive with the restaurant right there and gas across the street. Fine for 'the guys' if you don't need fancy.

Northbound, have decided on your advise to push on to La Manoir Belle Plage in Carlton from Grand Vallee. Has anyone been on the orange trail this year between Murdochville and 595? I believe I saw a post fuel is still available at La Cache? I have been on these trails a few years back but I know things change. Thanks again for everyones help.

On another note, Bill I could not find my wig. I think I lent it to No Hair last year.

Edited by Snobeeler

Northbound, have decided on your advise to push on to La Manoir Belle Plage in Carlton from Grand Vallee. Has anyone been on the orange trail this year between Murdochville and 595? I believe I saw a post fuel is still available at La Cache? I have been on these trails a few years back but I know things change. Thanks again for everyones help.

On another note, Bill I could not find my wig. I think I lent it to No Hair last year.

Yes, on the trail last week. Two thumbs up. And yes fuel in La Cache.

Sunday We left Levi for revere du loop pretty much like everyone else reported low snow conditions. halfway there my driveshaft bearing failed but still rideable. Today the local Polaris dealer got me out the door by 10 AM very impressive shop we are staying at the universal one more day because it is still raining. The other guys in our group took a taxi to Levi to retrieve our trucks and trailers as we fear we may not be able to return to them on Sunday so now we are based out of here. Big thank you to Dave (farmerold) who took my sled and my butt to the dealer for repairs he is on his way now up to the Delta. Finally met Mikerider and got to spend a few hours chatting with him today, thank you Mike. It's getting cold out there now so our plans are to get to Matane tomorrow and resume the trip.

Jackstraw yes too late, never rode 5 miles of dirt like that before. Going to try for Grand valley tomorrow. Anybody been there since the warm-up? Trail 5 was actually pretty good for about 100 miles between RDL and Matane.

post-64-0-99716400-1454456729_thumb.jpeg

post-64-0-20473500-1454456873_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Snobeeler

Wow. The second photo is disturbing to say it lightly. Where and when was it taken ? Thank you.

On Saturday Feb 6 we are "scheduled" to trailer to Matane to start the loop. Naturally we are watching the weather pattern. Any first hand knowledge is welcomed.

Thank you...

Edited by nyskidooerinnewhampshire