Jan 30 Local Loop Ride

iceman

Met up with Triggerhappy and his crew at the Auberge Drakaar (Safari) on friday afternoon. Chatted it up a bit. I was unable to join them for their afternoon ride friday, so I told them Saturday I would love to go along for a run.

Met up with the crew at the junction where M2 meets TQ3 in Shawinigan Sud. Right on time at 8:30am.

A brief discussion on just how much riding they wanted to do and how we were gonna keep everyone together. We were a group of seven. I will admit 7 had me a bit concerned as 4 is usually where I draw the line but it was just one day and as it turned out they were all great riders and moved along real nice. I was very impressed the two ladies in the group were certainly use to riding with these boys. They can ride.

Being Saturday I knew we would see the full compliment of weekend warriors and such and I was not dissappointed at all. The sleds were abundant. I thought i had gone ahead in time and it was the free weekend. Anyway this is how it went.

Started west on TQ3 thru Shawinigan like everywhere else they have done a decent job with the snow they have. In Lac a Tortue we head down to the River and get on in Grand Mere and run up to join TQ23.

River is staked and open only as far as Grand Piles you cannot get to the 360 not safe not open. (More on this later)

TQ23 is not bad either still some places that are a warzone but hey we are lucky to have any snow this year. A Stop at Relais Trappeur just to relax and let a large group of 2 ups get ahead cause there is no room to pass 1 maybe but 10 or 12 would have scattered our whole group.

Most groups we encountered who were slower eventually pulled over and gave way, some just don't get it.

We pick our way thru the different groups and stopped again at the intersection to go to Relais Koubek. It was amazing how many old sleds we saw out there yesterday. It must have been throwback Saturday.

We continue up 23 trail getting real nice now with still the odd rock here and there but there is not alot of snow compared to normal years.

Just before the Auberge Cabanon we encounter a police patrol. There was so many sleds at the intersection and no one motioned me to stop or do anything. So I just thread my way slowly thru the mayhem and look back I got the first three of the gang with me so I figure ok they are rolling.

Arrive at the gas pump at Cabanon(Dennis himself pumping the gas) and I only got two of six. Hmmm.

Take my gas and decide I better go back as we have been nose to tail all day at this point.

I tell the other two to wait there and I head back toward police. Funny watching everyone signal "police" ahead when you already know they are up there.

Well anywho as it goes three were watching as one received a ticket for his modified exhaust on his Viper.

I never even realized he had an exhaust but he was in the back of the back I never noticed the noise.

But the Polce did.

When I got to the pump Dennis said "did you see the SQ patrol" i said yeah no problems, he said "they're looking for the loud ones"

To be continued

Edited by iceman

Hey Don,

Nice of you to join Triggerhappy & his crew. Dennis pumping gas! Wow. That's how bad this winter is eh? Pipes are a no no for a long time in PQ as you're well aware. How much did they bang him for? Could he continue the days ride with you all?

Waiting for more..................

Hey Don,

Nice of you to join Triggerhappy & his crew. Dennis pumping gas! Wow. That's how bad this winter is eh? Pipes are a no no for a long time in PQ as you're well aware. How much did they bang him for? Could he continue the days ride with you all?

Waiting for more..................

I put it here mr Snowman.

http://www.quebecrider.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4073#entry50828

I think fine is $300 they said ticket will come in mail. They told him he better park it or he could tickets each time the police find him, but he continued no further police seen.