Where would you go and stay in QC from Ottawa??

sledzz

Looking to trailer somewhere into Quebec that's a reasonable distance from Ottawa. Looking for a decent hotel / lodge to stay at with decent snow and do day trips with the wife. Prefer to have decent dining / bar on site. Thanks for any info provided.

For you from Ottawa, you might consider Mont Laurier and Devils Mountain.

Check on snow conditions to be sure. Certainly lots of nice trails if conditions are good. Most of my area south of there around Tremblant varies from trail to trail from excellent to just rideable with our limited snow. Usually Mont Laurier has more.

Edited by Cnc

I reccomend Montpellier, it is an hour and a bit from Ottawa.

Motel right in town and a nice restaurant/bar. Unfortunately I don't have a # for you to call but it is the only place in town. Maybe Trailblazer can help, he has a cottage in the area.

Here are a few pic from a few years back at Devils mountain. As you can see you can climb right to the top with a sled and be in the clouds some days.

We stay at a little place called chutes de Windigo , right on the trails, basic clean rooms, restaurant with liqueur permit. I'll try to find the number if your interested or do a search on the net.

post-1966-0-06624700-1454331085_thumb.jpg

post-1966-0-43550000-1454331107.jpg

post-1966-0-41370600-1454331159.jpg

post-1966-0-38012200-1454331183.jpg

GrumpySanta forgot to mention Relais Windigo is closed for the winter.

Drive to Mont Laurier park and stay in town, many loops can be done north, south, east and west.

Didn't know that it is closed, been a few years since we stayed there, hope that is not a permenant situation.