2016 Jack & Sandi's trip

revct1

Here we are at the Roquemont, St Raymond. The start of our third trip. Coming up by truck, the south side of the river along autoroute 20, the snow was thin. This side is far from great but it looks like there is enough to ride on.

A few trailers here. The front desk said that the first 20 miles or so are going to be rough and icy. The river crossing is supposed to be OK. I'll post tomorrow about it.

After we get up past the Relais St Raymond, the trail is much better. Snow and wind is on its way for tomorrow. We are heading to the Delta for a few days.

Until tomorrow, happy snowmobile dreams.

Jack & Sandi

Good morning fellow sledders,

That is my presidential opening. We've been watching too much TV lately.

5:30 AM it started snowing. Yes the snow gods are with us. It looks like we won't need the scratchers today. We will be heading up 23 to the Delta. Report to follow tonight.

Jack & Sandi

Thanks Mario. We are hopeful for some good trails up north.

On the trail and a little snow, a couple of inches. Not a lot but it is covering up the ice and dirt that we know is underneath. A little bumpy because they had some rain recently. We get to the first river crossing just a mile or so from the Roquemont and it is frozen. As we cross the river, I look to my left and I can see a crane sticking up over the trees. I get off the trail and turn left and head down along the river and here it is - the new St Raymond bridge sitting on the shore! It is in many pieces but it is here.

We had read that it was to be delivered a couple of days ago and apparently it was on time. There are workers there doing their bridge building chores. From what we had read, it is to open this spring. Thank you Club St Raymond!

We start heading up 23. It is rough but the few inches of snow makes it manageable. Quite a few trailers at the Relais St Raymond. We continue on. About 15 - 20 miles out, things are improving a lot. Up in elevation didn't take a beating as bad as it did near the St Lawrence.

Good riding all the way into L'Etape. The snow has been both light and heavy. The trail has been groomed recently but you can still feel the icy base underneath.

At L'Etape we gas up and have lunch. Not too many people here. A few snowmobiles but far from packed. We jump back on 23.

I'll continue the rest of the ride on the Lac St Jean forum. See us there.

Jack & Sandi

We are on 23. The trail is nice and wide and smooth. Looks like the groomer has been here not too long ago. As we run along, we realize there are only a few tracks in the snow ahead of us. All of a sudden Sandi is making fresh tracks on the trail. Slow down a little, the groomer must be ahead. A few miles later, there it is. The groomer slows down to let us by. Back on the bumps. Oh well. We enjoyed it while we could.

23 the rest of the way to St Raymond is beat. We have been spoiled by the trails at the Lac. It makes you appreciate how much work the groomer operators do. Thank you guys. Club St Raymond is out grooming but it is almost impossible to keep up when the traffic is so heavy.

The new St Raymond bridge is assembled but sitting on the river. It hasn't been hoisted up on its piers yet. If the season doesn't end early, it could be possible to see this open while there is still snow on the ground.

This is the end of another great trip. We've had some great trails and great weather. Some of it on the warm side but none of it too cold. We met some new people and saw some old friends from many years of riding. Hi everyone.

Come on up if you can. The riding is fine, especially around the Lac.

Jack & Sandi

We met some new people and saw some old friends from many years of riding. Hi everyone.

Jack & Sandi

Hey there! I'm sorry I didn't make more noise last Tuesday (2/2) when we were at the Roq! Next time...

(Icy stickers on left mirrors will definitely translate into warm greetings!)

post-181-0-89864400-1454952453_thumb.jpg

post-181-0-92437700-1454952525_thumb.jpg