crossing border

gun-driver

We have a trip planned but one of the guys that was coming can't make it and we were planning on him for his trailer (4 place)

He said we can use it to go so my question is...

Has anyone crossed the border with a trailer that does not belong to anyone in the vehicle (we will have the registration/owners card card for the trailer)

Don't see it as a problem. Recently crossed border in Chevrolet Suburban occupied by 4 persons other than the owner of the vehicle. No issue / inquiry going out. In returning the US customs Officer inquired of the registered owners name and after providing same he asked of the relationship between us and the registered owner. After answering the questions correctly and politely we were on our way. Good luck. Ride safely.

Go one step further on the letter: get it notarized. It's now a legal document and less likely to be questioned by a noob agent.

Was questioned about the placement of a license plate on my trailer and why wasn't it on the cover. After a few minutes a supervisor waived us on. Go figure.

Go one step further on the letter: get it notarized. It's now a legal document and less likely to be questioned by a noob agent.

Was questioned about the placement of a license plate on my trailer and why wasn't it on the cover. After a few minutes a supervisor waived us on. Go figure.

X2

Better safe than sorry.

A few years back I was using a family members 4x4. When returning U.S. Customs wanted to see a letter granting permission to take it out of the country. Eventually we were let by.

I would bring a letter. Notarized sounds even better.

Last Sunday night crossing back in to Vermont I was driving my friends truck with my trailer, customs wanted to see the registration for the trailer, did not have it, paper work was back in my truck at home, this guy was talking about not letting the trailer back in. What! Cover yourself. In 2 weeks when I go back up I will have a copy in my wallet of the trailer registration.