Saint-Zenon Trail conditions

frankblume

My friend Lionel who owns la Glaciere reported 5 inches of snow yesterday then freezing rain on top making it heavy and wet, said groomers were going out today. I was there monday thru thursday last week and the base for the most part was great, you should be good to go. Watch for rocks that the groomer sometimes picks up and are sitting in the trail as well as some icy hills and turns. As usual the trails very close to Cabanon can be torn up due to the heavy traffic. I would not hesitate to go.

• 2 weeks later...

I just returned home from La Glaciere, rode Sunday night, Monday and Tuesday. Received almost 2 feet of snow while there. Sunday night was excellent, everything groomed, broke trail a lot of Monday and found varying conditions with the new snow. Stay away from TQ63 south of Domaine Bazinet through St Emilie to the the 23 intersection, I don't think a groomer has been on this trail in the past month, not sure if the club has groomer issues or what the problem is but this was the worst trail I have ever ridden in Quebec. Tuesday was awesome as many groomers had been out over night to work the Monday snow, we passed a groomer out during the day working which doesn't happen often but they were doing a great job trying to make the trails good and pack the new snow. 1 foot of snow last night which probably made today a lot of fun riding and it will probably be Friday before everything is packed and flat again. The TQ 33-63 between Saint Michelle de Saints and Relais Matawin where the issue with Hydro Quebec and the logging was going on has not been groomed and by all reports I received from riders is horrible.

Mark

• 1 year later...

Awesome!  We are hitting the road next Saturday evening to for some riding out of Le Cabanon.  We always go to the same destinations.  Looking for some suggestions out of there.  Our usual stops are Mattawin, Repos, Real Masse, and Kubec.  Any new places?  Looking for some new adventure...  We went to Manawan once....  sure glad we've checked that off the bucket list and was able to keep our sleds...  NEVER GO THERE! 

9 minutes ago, Magnum3252 said:

Awesome!  We are hitting the road next Saturday evening to for some riding out of Le Cabanon.  We always go to the same destinations.  Looking for some suggestions out of there.  Our usual stops are Mattawin, Repos, Real Masse, and Kubec.  Any new places?  Looking for some new adventure...  We went to Manawan once....  sure glad we've checked that off the bucket list and was able to keep our sleds...  NEVER GO THERE! 

Just a heads up, this report is from March 2nd 2016. Conditions might have changed since then.😊