Shawinigan trails?

rev39

Rode out Monday & back Thursday, no problem. Not much other traffic there.

River is totally staked, but tracks got buried with recent snow & rain & freeze.

And the Gouv has the club drag a mini-groomer across the bridge right to the front door!

We went out the east side over to 3, so no clue on the north side trail by the Harley shop to 23.

Figured the highway crossing was bare with the rain that day.

Front desk folks there are always easy to communicate with about access.

Always a good time at the Devil's Hole micro-brew, but may need to check out St Mo?...

post-181-0-50732200-1454860404_thumb.jpg

post-181-0-90165800-1454860406_thumb.jpg

post-181-0-97907400-1454860579_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the reply. We arrive there on the 12th. Glad we are still good to go. Any report on 355 north through LaTuque to Relais 22? Had heard of some logging and plowed trail on 73.

We are arriving in Shawinigan on the 12th as well. Staying at the Drakkar (old Safari). We plan on making one of our day trips up to LaTuque as well so I will be interested in knowing those trail conditions too. The last weekend of January when we were there we wanted to do a trip up there but was informed it was not in great shape so we didn't.

Was there last Thurs and Friday, stayed at Motel Drakkar. The new owner goes by Reggie, motel is much improved, no smoke smell. Went up the river, only about 1/2 way, then I think it turns into 360N?, then 355N up to La Tuque. Farther north we went, trails got better. We left La Tuque and was re-routed 355N as the 73S was blocked off, though there was sled tracks, not sure why? Went up towards Lac Edward then LT2 back onto 73S, drops off at the warming hut. Down 73, watch when the trail splits, stay right, left takes you down the brown/black trail. We ran into a truck towing a trailer, he told us the trail dead ends. Glad we ran into him. Then 302 back to 351. 280 miles. Friday went towards St Ray on Rt 3, parts were good, closer to ST Ray, thin and boney. 170 miles.

Edited by SHodas

trails around la tuque , A1 , 355 , 83n 73n good base 73s was reopened and groomer was by friday night ,rode there sat.morning met 2 guys(usa) at lac moose (corner 355n &73s ) arriving from the warming hut ,freshly groomed , so the loggers must be done hauling out the wood . 73n going past rapide blanc they are also done hauling ,should be ok now . it is snowing so it will just get better ,yea :db:

Was there last Thurs and Friday, stayed at Motel Drakkar. The new owner goes by Reggie, motel is much improved, no smoke smell. Went up the river, only about 1/2 way, then I think it turns into 360N?, then 355N up to La Tuque. Farther north we went, trails got better. We left La Tuque and was re-routed 355N as the 73S was blocked off, though there was sled tracks, not sure why? Went up towards Lac Edward then LT2 back onto 73S, drops off at the warming hut. Down 73, watch when the trail splits, stay right, left takes you down the brown/black trail. We ran into a truck towing a trailer, he told us the trail dead ends. Glad we ran into him. Then 302 back to 351. 280 miles. Friday went towards St Ray on Rt 3, parts were good, closer to ST Ray, thin and boney. 170 miles.

The trails that you took when you got off the river, how was that? Is it the VTT trail that Iceman was talking about? We plan on trying that on Friday and wanted to know if it was worth it or do we just go around it on 23 to 351 to 355. Thanks.

The trails that you took when you got off the river, how was that? Is it the VTT trail that Iceman was talking about? We plan on trying that on Friday and wanted to know if it was worth it or do we just go around it on 23 to 351 to 355. Thanks.

That is where I was talking about. Is certainly alot shorter this way. Then 23/351/355. It's only a small part to get you back to the real 360 from what I understand.

I say go to La Tuque this way up river to this trail, then take the longer way back 355/351/23, if you are so inclined, or really shake it up and come back 73 to 353 to 23. Or 73 to 353 to 302 then 351. This will bring you right near your favorite Relais Station.

That is where I was talking about. Is certainly alot shorter this way. Then 23/351/355. It's only a small part to get you back to the real 360 from what I understand.

I say go to La Tuque this way up river to this trail, then take the longer way back 355/351/23, if you are so inclined, or really shake it up and come back 73 to 353 to 23. Or 73 to 353 to 302 then 351. This will bring you right near your favorite Relais Station.

You were reading my mind. I think we will take this way up and come down 73, 353, 302 and 351. I also want to take my group (just the 4 of us this time) and back track the loop we did with you using the new trail to 360 and then over to 345 north and do that little loop you wanted to do but couldn't and dump us back onto 360. It was beautiful up there and want to bring the GF to see it up there.

You were reading my mind. I think we will take this way up and come down 73, 353, 302 and 351. I also want to take my group (just the 4 of us this time) and back track the loop we did with you using the new trail to 360 and then over to 345 north and do that little loop you wanted to do but couldn't and dump us back onto 360. It was beautiful up there and want to bring the GF to see it up there.

Sounds like a plan. I like it.

Thanks for the reports. We are booked at Club Odanak on our return from LSJ and wanted to make sure everything was good from Relais 22 south through LaTuque . Sounds like we're good to go. Hope to see the Hot Tuna at the 22.

Thanks for the reports. We are booked at Club Odanak on our return from LSJ and wanted to make sure everything was good from Relais 22 south through LaTuque . Sounds like we're good to go. Hope to see the Hot Tuna at the 22.

with out photos of her - she doesn't exist ....jes sayin

with out photos of her - she doesn't exist ....jes sayin

Haha. Probably won't have any photo op's this time, as the wife is going on this ride. But hope to be back up in PQ in a few weeks for a longer ride.