2 Day Run From St Michel Area?

neksledr

Hello All-

Just got a call from a couple of buds jonesing for some miles! Would like to leave from St Michel Area, but looking for advice. Plans are to drive up Wed afternoon, spend the night and be on sleds first thing Thurs morning, ride to a destination, and return Friday. Looking for anywhere between 200-300 miles per day. Need to have safe spot to leave vehicles, and hopefully nice food / lodging for Wed and Thurs. We are not locked in on St Michel, but really don't want more than 4-5 hrs of black trail time getting there. We are leaving from central VT area. Any 2 day trips anyone can recommend? Appreciate any/all input!

Thanks-

Terry

From St-Zenon or St-Michel I would suggest Parent as a target and you can loop by #345+#83 one day and come back on the other side #13/#33 the next day... Parent is pretty much in the center

There are many places to stay there... Take a look at my report from last season, trails are the same as a know and you have all the details in it: http://www.quebecrider.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3822&hl=

There is many good options in this area, have fun!

There's L'ombre du Vent, the chalets where we usually stay

Also l'auberge le Courreur des bois

Also le Gite de parent

Also le motel 4 saisons

Also Hotel/Motel le Central

Also Chez Ti-Rouge (hébergement en foret) which is a bit away from the town

maybe others that I'm not aware of... most of them are list on the alliance du nord web site http://www.alliancedunord.com/

Thanks again Alain! We have a cabin at l'ombre du vent reserved. We'll report back on our trip!

For l'ombre du vent, they are just cottages, you need to sled 5 minutes to go to eat or call l'auberge le courreur des bois, they deliver there... maybe others restaurants do but last year we were eating at the courreur des bois and there were at preparing an order for the cottage next to us! The 2 last time we got there we had the supper in town and buy a small kit for the breakfast at the grocery before coming back. The kitchen in the cottage is full equip with dishes+++ It's even more relaxing to slowly prepare something and eating it on the couch and enjoy the cottage a bit more long in the morning and when you dress up you hit the trail and go, in place of dressing up for 5 minutes to go eating in town in the morning.

Also, if you want to have your sled sleeping in an heated garage, they had offer us at no cost in the past years in their garage at the office!

have fun and take care!!

Might have been! I now am sitting at le cabanon with a sled that will not run!!! Just picked it up from dealer after first service and mysteriously it has a problem..... Sled starts up, does normal 2 beeps, then quick 4 beeps. Engine light is on, and throttle does nothing. Message code says 'push start button to go', which sounds silly cause the machine is already running. We almost found out the hard way that if you hold start button in and give it throttle, it goes! Almost slammed into parked car! Dealer in st Michele won't look at it until tomorrow afternoon, but dealer 45 minutes back towards joliette said to have it there at 7am. Really throws a kink in our 2 day ride, frustrated to say the least. Ok, I'm done venting and headed to the bar!

Might have been! I now am sitting at le cabanon with a sled that will not run!!! Just picked it up from dealer after first service and mysteriously it has a problem..... Sled starts up, does normal 2 beeps, then quick 4 beeps. Engine light is on, and throttle does nothing. Message code says 'push start button to go', which sounds silly cause the machine is already running. We almost found out the hard way that if you hold start button in and give it throttle, it goes! Almost slammed into parked car! Dealer in st Michele won't look at it until tomorrow afternoon, but dealer 45 minutes back towards joliette said to have it there at 7am. Really throws a kink in our 2 day ride, frustrated to say the least. Ok, I'm done venting and headed to the bar!

If it was me i would.....Load that thing up and leave at 6am be there waiting in Joliette when they open.

They find something stupid and you can still pull this off. Worst case is a late arrival in Parent.

They will fix it. Got to be something left unplugged.

Gero, Good dealer. Doesn't look like much, at least last time I was there, but they go out of their way to help. At the time, I was on a Cat Wildcat. I had a fox shock in the rear somehow break off the mounts. We were right near them so out of a prayer, we went there to see if he could help. Well he took that Cat right in, told the mechanic to drop what he was doing, and help me out. The mechanic took bushings and hardware off a floor model and modified the ski doo parts to fit mine. Worked through lunch and I was on the trail in 1 hour and 15 minutes. Needless to say, that man got tipped well!

Hey Tom! Happy to report, problem solved! Sled is a '16 1200 4tec. After some conversation with a couple of seasoned ski doo guys at the bar, the sled is running again. It appears that maybe the starter button was perhaps partially 'stuck' in? Time will tell, on the trails at 7am, will report the trip!

Dooright, that was me! Nice pic, and thanks for the advertising!