Lac St. Jean Lodging

pflcjl

Welcome to QuebecRider pflcjl.

We normally stay at the Delta in Jonquiere or the Saguneenne in Chicoutimi. These are both good clean hotels.

For high end you could look into Auberge Carcajou http://aubergecarcajou.com/en/ in St David on trail 328 not too far from Mont Valin or Auberge du Ravage on Lac Moreau http://lacmoreau.com/ on trail 83. There are plenty of other places and I'm sure you will get many other recommendations.

What direction is your trip taking you? That may help with recommendations.

Happy riding.

Jack & Sandi

Welcome to QuebecRider pflcjl.

We normally stay at the Delta in Jonquiere or the Saguneenne in Chicoutimi. These are both good clean hotels.

For high end you could look into Auberge Carcajou http://aubergecarcajou.com/en/ in St David on trail 328 not too far from Mont Valin or Auberge du Ravage on Lac Moreau http://lacmoreau.com/ on trail 83. There are plenty of other places and I'm sure you will get many other recommendations.

What direction is your trip taking you? That may help with recommendations.

Happy riding.

Jack & Sandi

Thank you.....We are rookies at this but we planned to leave the Fairmont in La Malbaie and travel up the south side of the Saguenay River to Lac St. Jean....stay there overnight and head back down the north side of the Saguenay river and back to the Fairmont in La Malbaie...Thoughts? Is this doable?

So you are probably taken trail 83 north on the first day to Monts Valin. Then picking up 93 south to Sacre Coeur and taking the ferry to cross the river back to La Malbaie. It is very doable. 83 has been groomed pretty good this season. Most of it is a park road which is wide with gently turns. 93 hasn't been groomed as much this season and on Mont Valin it can get pretty beat up especially on weekends.

I agree with Phil that Auberge du Ravage on Lac Moreau is very nice but now that we know you are staying at Hotel Fairmont Manior Richelieu it is only a two to three hour ride to Ravage. Ravage isn't very far up trail 83. You would then have a very long second day compared to the first day.

I would think about something more up on the mountain so you are splitting the trip more in half. Auberge Carcajou like I mentioned before or there is a relatively new place on Mont Valin near the ski area called L'Eternel Spa https://leternelspa.com/. I don't know anything about this other than what I've seen advertised. I don't know anyone that has stayed there. Check out their website.

Note: 83 has gas stops so you shouldn't have a problem there. 93 has two gas stops at the top after the Valinuet ski area, Auberge 31 and La Chappelle. They are only a few miles apart. After those two, you won't see gas until you get to Sacre Coeur. Hint - top off your sleds at one of those places.

Someone else may come up with other choices too.

Jack & Sandi

So you are probably taken trail 83 north on the first day to Monts Valin. Then picking up 93 south to Sacre Coeur and taking the ferry to cross the river back to La Malbaie. It is very doable. 83 has been groomed pretty good this season. Most of it is a park road which is wide with gently turns. 93 hasn't been groomed as much this season and on Mont Valin it can get pretty beat up especially on weekends.

I agree with Phil that Auberge du Ravage on Lac Moreau is very nice but now that we know you are staying at Hotel Fairmont Manior Richelieu it is only a two to three hour ride to Ravage. Ravage isn't very far up trail 83. You would then have a very long second day compared to the first day.

I would think about something more up on the mountain so you are splitting the trip more in half. Auberge Carcajou like I mentioned before or there is a relatively new place on Mont Valin near the ski area called L'Eternel Spa https://leternelspa.com/. I don't know anything about this other than what I've seen advertised. I don't know anyone that has stayed there. Check out their website.

Note: 83 has gas stops so you shouldn't have a problem there. 93 has two gas stops at the top after the Valinuet ski area, Auberge 31 and La Chappelle. They are only a few miles apart. After those two, you won't see gas until you get to Sacre Coeur. Hint - top off your sleds at one of those places.

Someone else may come up with other choices too.

Jack & Sandi

Very helpful.....thanks.....One day we plan to venture out from the Fairmont and back at night.....so du Ravage sounds good for a lunch stop? BTW, we are all from Connecticut as well!

A quick run up to Ravage for lunch is good. Normally I might say to do something different so you're not on the same trail twice but this year has been spotty with snow along trail 3. Trail 83 should be better.

Post back and let us know how you made out.

Jack & Sandi

Is the Auberge Presbytère Mont Lac Vert still open in Herbertville, haven't stayed there In years but enjoyed the stop back than, was curious if they still are a good place for an overnight? Thank you for any feed back. Best regards RR

Great Place yes pretty sure it's open. Was through there few weeks back but did not stay. Have many times before. Last year I did it was great. Hope it helps. Call em up.

http://www.aubergepresbytere.com

Is the Auberge Presbytère Mont Lac Vert still open in Herbertville, haven't stayed there In years but enjoyed the stop back than, was curious if they still are a good place for an overnight? Thank you for any feed back. Best regards RR

Spent a night there last year , Great host for our group.

post-89-0-12423900-1455415010_thumb.jpg

Been there a few times

Cozy little joint

Great people too, arrived there one late evening after doing too too many miles, supper was over, place was full but they gave my friend and I a foldable cott in what looked like an oversize utility closet or stock room. Very thankful and slept like a rock that night.