Rabaska region to Val-d'Or

im4snow

I'm doing some preliminary planning for a Western QB trip.

Thinking of starting at or near Rabaska (or maybe it makes more sense to leave the truck in Mount Laurier???)

Leaving Rabaska (or Mount Laurier) we'd eventually work our way to 63 and take that northwest and then take 386 North towards Val-d'Or.

I'm hoping someone can help fill in the blanks:

1) Curious about fuel on 63 and also on 386??

2) My estimation is the door to door trip would be about 285 miles....does that sound about right??

Thanks, John

Easier to leave truck in Mont Laurier for sure. But that choice is yours.

No worries for fuel on 63. Fuel at La Domaine is the one you want if memory serves before the run through the bush. Then down to Pavillion La Verandryre on 386. There is then no problem making it to Louivincourt or if you want gas at the Indian reserve before Louvincourt on 386.

Depending on what you are riding from the gas at La Domaine on 63 you could skip Pavillion La Verandryre especially.

Someone else can probably put you up a google earth map showing these gas stops. Cue GTrider. Hook him up jim. Or anyone with those skills.

Edited by iceman

Hi Tom,

We planned a Gaspe/BSL trip. I made all the reservations right before the meltdown. I am watching the weather carefully. I don't want to change plans but if I have to I will.

Hi Doonali,

Its the gps map from the CMIQ site. I use Garmin Basecamp and MapSource.

Pending on trail conditions and how much fuel your sled burns you can make the stretch from La Domaine to Kitcisakik. I did it several times with my Apex and an extra 5 litres.

La Verendyre is about 15 Klms down then 15 Klms up, it's there if you need it.

La Verendyre fuel is at Pourevoire prices.

Indian reserve fuel is at city prices.

Rabaska to Domanie 111 miles

Domane to Kitcisakik 114 miles

Kitcisakik to Forestel 56 miles

281 total

Valdor_zpszirfbba8.jpg

I did the Domain to Val D'or this past weekend

I thing the trail changed slightly as mileage was close to 125, It used to be more in line what you said.

Trail from Doman to Kitcisakik was best condition ever. However from there to Louvicourt was rough in that they need more snow to fill in sections. From Louvicourt to Val D'or was Ok Saturday and groomed Saturday night and much better or more typical Val Dor trail on Sunday

If you were to continue West on 63 Trout Lodge has fuel though I have not heard anyone that has stayed there this year then about 40 miles farther West there is fuel in Belleterre.

If you were to continue West on 63 Trout Lodge has fuel though I have not heard anyone that has stayed there this year then about 40 miles farther West there is fuel in Belleterre.

Went by yesterday and saw no fuel. From Verendrye to Belleterre 110 miles . Made it no problem .

Trout Lake lodge is open. Our group of 6 stayed there the night of 2/6. Excellent place, great food, and very friendly. They do have gas, but they don't advertise it other than to the people that stay. If you needed it, I'm sure they would be more than happy to help you out. Trail 309 from Belleterre to Val d Or needed a good grooming on Sunday the 7th. There was a lot of traffic on it probably due to the free weekend.

Trout Lake lodge is open. Our group of 6 stayed there the night of 2/6. Excellent place, great food, and very friendly. They do have gas, but they don't advertise it other than to the people that stay. If you needed it, I'm sure they would be more than happy to help you out. Trail 309 from Belleterre to Val d Or needed a good grooming on Sunday the 7th. There was a lot of traffic on it probably due to the free weekend.

Thanks GSX we will be passing there in 2 weeks and being able to stop at T L L for the night will be a perfect.