Any sleds parked outside start this morning?

vinc7897

I've got a 2014 800 e-tec and it has been hard to start in the cold since day one. Down to -10C (20F) was fine. Colder than that was iffy and colder than -18C (0F)was no way.

My dealer I think has finally fixed it but we tried many batteries, relays, grounds and three starters. A second ground off of the starter helped and then when the third starter went in it seems to be much better.

Keep trying.

Jack & Sandi

I've got a 2014 800 e-tec and it has been hard to start in the cold since day one. Down to -10C (20F) was fine. Colder than that was iffy and colder than -18C (0F)was no way.

My dealer I think has finally fixed it but we tried many batteries, relays, grounds and three starters. A second ground off of the starter helped and then when the third starter went in it seems to be much better.

Keep trying.

Jack & Sandi

I have the same sled. With the estart it doesn't like to fire below -20F. Struggles below -10F. I added a manual pull start and use that to loosen it up on those cold mornings and can therefore get it fired.....one way or the other.

My 2015 800 etec never failed to fire in the cold but if real bad I open side panel and move primary back and forth a bit to " loosen" things up before starting

Edited by Pipeman

So far so good with my 2014 800 etec. Coldest start was last year in -20 f wind chills over night. Next mornings started ok. I try to keep a Delran battery tender Jr. trickle charger on battery when I can. At least I am not dealing with a battery issue and battery has stayed good. I have an mxz x which has a nice feature my older sled doesn't, an electronic display which lets you know when machine is sufficiently warmed up and ready to ride.

My other sled was a 2003 MXZ 700 pull start. Trying to pull start a sled that was in -25 f weather was rough.

Edited by MXZ700RIDER

So far so good with my 2014 800 etec. Coldest start was last year in -20 f wind chills over night. Next mornings started ok. I try to keep a Delran battery tender Jr. trickle charger on battery when I can. At least I am not dealing with a battery issue and battery has stayed good. I have an mxz x which has a nice feature my older sled doesn't, an electronic display which lets you know when machine is sufficiently warmed up and ready to ride.

My other sled was a 2003 MXZ 700 pull start. Trying to pull start a sled that was in -25 f weather was rough.

That just serves to build character. :rofl:

That gave Eddie sufficient time to really get to know all the ballerinas at the Red Door Ballet!

you can only test drive so many .... then your back to the first one again !!! good thing they were closed Monday nite

Of the 10 sleds in our group only 2 started this morning (-15F in Clermont). The 16' 1200 and 16' 800etec started. All the other older 800 etecs didn't start. Pickup truck and jumper cables did the trick.