Ride Report 2/5 - 2/12 (Mont Laurier, Val D'Or, Chibougamau, Roberval, Kanawata, Mekoos)

Banker

(got caught up in “when should we turn around?” thoughts L)

Is it stubbornness, optimism, or COMMITMENT, when we go "just a bit more, it's GOT to get better soon!" (That's what I tell the Mrs. about those Will Farrel movies) Anyway, I'm getting the Rouski wheels installed this week. Carbides on sand & pavement is like fingernails down the chalkboard.

Thanks for the report! I'm a lame-ass on real-time reporting, then it's back to work, and... OH LOOK! A CHICKEN!...

post-181-0-86377600-1455771780.jpg

Phil 1 - I think you'll like Trout Lake. We had a great time. Noel, Marcel and Lewis are great guys. When we went there the trail had just opened up (63). Hopefully they'll have another pass or two of the groomer before you get there and it'll be real nice. Just a heads up in case you haven't been there - it was a little bit hidden away. We came in from the East. Came to a left turn on the trail on a road. The road continued straight ahead. I was calculating rough mileage so we knew we were close. Flipped a coin and decided we would go straight; but either way, no more than 5 miles. Well it wasn't more than 500 yards down the road (straight).[/quote

Great report ! We were either right behind you and ahead of you at some points in your trip. We also came into trout lake from the east but I had never been there. At the road we went right to the trail there was a cabin( private cabin) just after where you turned on the trail but no signs in for trout lake for gas or anything ! So I guess we should of gone left and followed the road for a bit?

Edited by snowfarmer

Snowfarmer- I'm part of the banker crew. Coming in from the east 63 dumps you out onto a plowed road for just a few yards. 63 then takes a hard left and there is a trail sign right there indicating that. Looking straight ahead on the road you can see the Trout Lake Lodge. There were no signs, or at least none that we noticed for the lodge. As banker said it was no more than 500 yards down the road.

Great report, very descriptive. Never stayed at Trout Lake but now it's on the bucket list. Funny how you took that extra ride up Mt. Diablo to get that odometer to turn to where you wanted. I do the same thing when I'm within 30-40 miles of 400 for the day, I will take off and ride half the distance needed out then turn around and come back to turn that 400. Keep up the good work.