First timer heading up.

Streamer

We usually ride out of my Log Cabin in Colebrook NH, but with no snow to ride we decided to go to Saguenay Bill's paradise. This will be our first time and we will be staying at the Delta. We hope to meet Bill and buy our trail passes from him and get as much information on where to ride as he willing to give. We arrive February 28 and leave on March 7. See you then.

We usually ride out of my Log Cabin in Colebrook NH, but with no snow to ride we decided to go to Saguenay Bill's paradise. This will be our first time and we will be staying at the Delta. We hope to meet Bill and buy our trail passes from him and get as much information on where to ride as he willing to give. We arrive February 28 and leave on March 7. See you then.

We were at the Delta last week and there's plenty of snow (we're also from NH). You'll have a blast, very nice hotel, good food, good bar.

Many options for riding from the Delta, whether you intend on day trips or decide to saddlebag and spend a night in another location. I'd highly recommend making your way to the Mont Valin area if you can (due north of Saguenay). Amazing trails up in the mountains, great views and gobs of snow. Also, one of my favorite trials in all of QC is 383 south towards the ferry in Tadousacc. shhh don't tell everyone though.

Let us know if you have any specific questions.

Thanks for the information. Since this is our first trip to this area we are not planning to do any saddle bagging. Plans is to do 200 mile routes that start and finish at the hotel. I see there are many loops, Mountain Peaks,Fyord Loop,Lac St Jean Loop. I ordered a map of the area and hopefully there will be other loops depicted on it. Tell me about the truck and trailer coral and the security for the sleds. Do you put the sleds back into the trailer each night? Can you unhooked the trailer and leave it so you can drive to restaurants and fast food places. Thank in advance

Yes you can leave the trailer in corral but it may be full. You will see where sleds are parked in the pool. Check with bill on grooming schedule for the mt valin. It can get beat up. Also you want a clear day for the peaks. MT Apica is another lookout to the south by the relay of same name. Spectacular views from all. But Apica is a must do in my opinion. X2 on 383 s and the 301 but never tell anyone about what you find. Valin west is usually in better shape then valin east. The ice fishing village in La baie is cool. There is enough to keep you busy for the week easily. 200 mile days are easy to do. No way you leave disappointed. They have maps at the hotel. Bill and crew hang in the lobby

Today was day 9 of riding out of the Delta. Only bad day was today coming thru Mt Valin. All other days of riding perfect.

Recommend riding around the lake, ride to truck stop at Milot, and ride to ONachinary for coffee break and on to Mt Valin Restauran for lunch. Also trail 83 south to Clermont and over to Manoir Richelieu.

May be a long time before I go to Mt Valin again after today. Not to be confused with Mt Valin Restaurant, which is in a different area and is excellent riding.

mike

Thanks guys, Bill will not be there he is leaving for NH on the 27th. As long as we can get maps, we should be good. I was in Colebrook NH yesterday, 6 new inches at my Log Cabin. Then the temp hit 46 and it rained. Hooked up the trailer and drove back home to get them ready for the trip. Thanks again

You should be able to get maps by the front desk. Like mikerider said the Valin trails are usually whooped out the worst between Passion and La Chapelle but 93 back to the 134 can get choppy too in the afternoon. East of those areas they get better, especially the secondary loop trails, Also there are secondary trails that will bypass alot of 93 between passion and km31. If this is your first time you probably wont think its too bad as its typically how things get on our trails down here but they are not even close to Quebec standards. I believe there is alot of extra traffic in the area as there is no snow anywhere else. Maybe if the weather is good for pictures do Valin the first or second day, wave good bye and stay west or south the rest of your trip. Its too bad cause Valin is what made the area famous. The trails to the south where excellent for the most part all last week. Lots of good Mont Apica can get beat up too, so plan on 200 or under those days.

Go down 383 to 3 and take the ferry north and back to Sagauney. That's a great ride and the Ferry is interesting. We rode mostly orange trails last

week and they were much better then the main trails. We did a big loop. St. Raymond to Sayauney to Forestville to Mt Villan over the lake to St Felecian and back to St Raymond. All good once we got 20 miles out of St Raymond. 3 out of 5 sled failed and one accident with 2 of our own but we are all home safe.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello fellow sleders, myself and two others are headed up to Mont Vilain.  The lady Annik at the Chalet said its about 45 minutes from Saguenay.  This will be our first time up in Quebec. We love off trail riding.  Any sugestions on road traveling route in from Salem, NH and anything else would be great. thanks.  Joe

6 hours ago, SkidooJoe said:

Hello fellow sleders, myself and two others are headed up to Mont Vilain.  The lady Annik at the Chalet said its about 45 minutes from Saguenay.  This will be our first time up in Quebec. We love off trail riding.  Any sugestions on road traveling route in from Salem, NH and anything else would be great. thanks.  Joe

Hi Skidoo Joe

Best way to Annik's is take 93-91 to border, then CA 55 to CA 20.  CA 20 to exit 312, left lane exit, to CA 73 Nord, (North).  This takes you across the St Lawrence River.  Stay on 73, CA 40 joins it about 2 miles after you cross river, take exit 312 Nord, which is CA 73.  CA 73 becomes 175 just North of Quebec City.  It's all 4 lane highway to Chicoutimi.  Stay on 175 thru Chicoutimi, when you cross the Saguenay River, 175 ends and you pickup 172.  Stay on 172 to St Nazaire, turn right on 1 re Avenue N, first right turn in St Nazaire.  Stay on this road, passing thru Labrecque and then La Marche.  Stay on this road thru Lamarche, you will go up a steep hill, follow road and signs to Mont Valian, Annik's place.  Tell her I said hello.