Trailblazer za blazing

Trailblazer

Rounded up a few locals for a 3 day ride, getting pretty dam hard these days between work, love and the weather. Managed to round up a trio pack.

The plan is to drive nord seeing we can't ride out of the yard again!!

It was a toss up between the cottage and St.Z, checked Saturdsy's weather, +7° C for Duhamel and rain in the afternoon, I think not. Checked St.Z +2° C 10-15 cms through the night and into the morning then slight chance of rain, alright that's better no condom for me.

Parked it in La Glacier, would've preferred the Cab but they got a full house and so here we are with the last 2 rooms and a boring night life, bar is locked up at 10:30.

Today's plan, ride to Barrage Gouin camp out get some intel then tomorrow try our luck finding a path to Scerie 54 aka The Saw Mill. We got the last availability at the Gouin, sleeping with the employees tonight. Hmmm....

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big thanks RR

Lots of snow fell and still falling, gonna be a fun slow going day, not my favorite kind've riding. Will try to take pics but it's a heavy overcast day, looks all white everywhere with the new snow.

Enjoy. Meanwhile back here closer to your chalet it is still snowing and 30f 4-5 inches new snow but wet snow ball snow. We plan on sledding but if it starts to rain maybe not. Monday looks like perfect weather and my love will be working so I may wait till then. Grin.

If you're looking for a place on your return trip to stay in St.Michel I would recommend the Domaine Du lac Taureau.It is listed on this years map.

It is on the lake almost where the old Lac of the pines was.Jump on the lake at canada adventure ,run the lake almost all the way down and its about a mile from the

campgrounds where you get off on the left.Staked and marked.Been open on and off for a few years and steady the last 2.Very nice and reasonably priced.

We had a large room with 3 beds.Had to skip the included breakfast because they don't serve til 8:00 and we like to be on the trail about 7ish.

Watch out for the deer.

We did the Gouin loop and back from the La Glaciere a couple weekends ago and stayed there.

Day 1

Fella shovelling the porch tells me they groomed last night I say great news. Offload sleds gear up saddle up and off we go. Get to the road crossing in the parking lot and what do I see across the street, you got it a groomed trail, off we go up the trail about 500' and dead end at someone's chalet, wait a minute this is a driveway.

Doh!!

Back 500' and right beside it, the trail....with 10" of new fluffy stuff on it, were the first to break trail almost all he way up to Cabanon. I knew they had a full house last night so I expect the trail to beaten down a bit up to the river crossing.

Continue on up the 345 and as expected lots of tracks.

Not long after we meet up with our first pair of bogies, locked them in the crosshairs and boom they're gone, next!!

Even though there's a ton if snow in the trail and beaten down surprisingly we were good, flat and slippery to the bridge.

360/345 jct we meet up with at least 14 sleds taking a break, no stopping here boys let's go.

Get to Repos for lunch and gas OMG what a zoo, must be 200 sleds here and the line for gas had to have been 50 sleds long. Okay time for pow wow.

Easy decision dump the spare gas and head up to Kanawata. Take the express boom were there. 230 klms on the tank with 40 litres, not bad given we were pushing heavy wet snow all morning.

After lunch starts snowing, wet sticky stuff wiping every 30 seconds. We stop in Casey for a break all parked on the side like the QR's we are and incoming bogies. 8 of them, one has got an attitude problem, gives it a shot and shakes her booty eh voila my friend got sprayed. Okay pink suit I know who you are wait 'till I catch up. We won't go there but she got what was coming to her.

83/Gouin trail jct

Up to know trails are wishy washy but pretty good, they'll need some grooming after the week end.

We take a break here. 2 groups of 4 and a pair go up the Gouin trail, I say to the boys were going to behave ourselves this time, so we follow to the road, then enough of dat, express into Gouin and take the gas. Big group comes in and one guy raises his arms like WTF how did you guys get here before us?

post-488-0-60135300-1456056311_thumb.jpg

post-488-0-20590600-1456056364_thumb.jpg

Day 1

Fella shovelling the porch tells me they groomed last night I say great news. Offload sleds gear up saddle up and off we go. Get to the road crossing in the parking lot and what do I see across the street, you got it a groomed trail, off we go up the trail about 500' and dead end at someone's chalet, wait a minute this is a driveway.

Doh!!

Back 500' and right beside it, the trail....with 10" of new fluffy stuff on it, were the first to break trail almost all he way up to Cabanon. I knew they had a full house last night so I expect the trail to beaten down a bit up to the river crossing.

Continue on up the 345 and as expected lots of tracks.

Not long after we meet up with our first pair of bogies, locked them in the crosshairs and boom they're gone, next!!

Even though there's a ton if snow in the trail and beaten down surprisingly we were good, flat and slippery to the bridge.

360/345 jct we meet up with at least 14 sleds taking a break, no stopping here boys let's go.

Get to Repos for lunch and gas OMG what a zoo, must be 200 sleds here and the line for gas had to have been 50 sleds long. Okay time for pow wow.

Easy decision dump the spare gas and head up to Kanawata. Take the express boom were there. 230 klms on the tank with 40 litres, not bad given we were pushing heavy wet snow all morning.

After lunch starts snowing, wet sticky stuff wiping every 30 seconds. We stop in Casey for a break all parked on the side like the QR's we are and incoming bogies. 8 of them, one has got an attitude problem, gives it a shot and shakes her booty eh voila my friend got sprayed. Okay pink suit I know who you are wait 'till I catch up. We won't go there but she got what was coming to her.

83/Gouin trail jct

Up to know trails are wishy washy but pretty good, they'll need some grooming after the week end.

We take a break here. 2 groups of 4 and a pair go up the Gouin trail, I say to the boys were going to behave ourselves this time, so we follow to the road, then enough of dat, express into Gouin and take the gas. Big group comes in and one guy raises his arms like WTF how did you guys get here before us?

JG, Got to be the nice looking sled out there. I left Matawin around 1pm on Friday. If Id known you where riding this weekend I would have hooked up with Y'all in Glacier. Oh Well next time. Have fun.

Edited by momojohnny

Nice JG. Yeah a bit un-necessary when you are stopped people and people need to show off spraying you going by. Morons. I always back down big when i see people taking a break. And pass politely. When i need to run you down and you try to take the whole trail to keep me from passing then you get what u deserve as we pass.

Keep on blazing.