Trailblazer za blazing

Trailblazer

Woke up this morning to a snowy day, forecast said 15-20 cms then freezing rain, rain and more snow, a real mixed bag, let's get the hell out of dodge!! Leave the Escapade at 9:30 am fuel up at the Irving and take the 23 to the 350 all groomed with a little coverage of snow. Trails coming into Grand Mere the night before were much to my surprise in good shape, thin and hard but very passable, watch out for the icy spots.

350 to the 345 over to the field just before Koubecs where we take the 350 again, that part was really rough, just 4 Klms though. From there the 350 was freshly groomed all the way to La Glaciere, arrived at 12:30 to end our journey with 1690 Klms.

Now the next challenge.....the drive home, normally it takes 2 1/2 hrs, today it took 4.

post-488-0-59751700-1456361802_thumb.jpg

post-488-0-38876400-1456361818_thumb.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gas mileage - did you get a chance to run the Enduro dry? We were curious how many miles we could get out of a tank on the new 1200s. We didn't carry gas with us on our trip so we did lots of half tank fill ups (sure beats pushing).

No reason not to carry gas. Doo makes it so easy and now you can stack bag on top of gas can. We all always carry fuel...

I have a 2016 renegade 1200 X 137".Carrying gas is worse than having to carry oil.I've been 120's into the 130's miles several times this year and the most I have put in was 36 liters

and that was a lot of trail 35.Unless your are going riding off trail where you are pushing snow,if you run out on the groomed trail it is your own fault for passing a gas station.

When the low gas light comes on I have about 3 gallons left.

Edited by NSHM

I have a 2016 renegade 1200 X 137".Carrying gas is worse than having to carry oil.I've been 120's into the 130's miles several times this year and the most I have put in was 36 liters

and that was a lot of trail 35.Unless your are going riding off trail where you are pushing snow,if you run out on the groomed trail it is your own fault for passing a gas station.

When the low gas light comes on I have about 3 gallons left.

Problem being a wrong turn, having to go back for some reason, getting to pump in bush and generator down. Getting to Saw mill 54 and pump not working, that happened 3 weeks ago. There are some very easy solutions to carry fuel, here is mine.

post-51-0-36806900-1456420172_thumb.jpg

We get over 200 miles with this set up on the 1200

I like your style. Do you have any side pics and I assume the side "platforms" were custom made?

Problem being a wrong turn, having to go back for some reason, getting to pump in bush and generator down. Getting to Saw mill 54 and pump not working, that happened 3 weeks ago. There are some very easy solutions to carry fuel, here is mine.

Not to mention having to tow someone. They do like the gas when you're towing!!!

Running on groomed trails assuming that your next planned gas stop will be open, he hasn't run out, you won't get detoured or not expecting that the place burn't down overnight can get you in trouble. All of the above has happened to me over the years. Not planned for, not our fault but Sh*t happens. Carrying gas is a lot less inconvenient than the alternative, so I carry gas.

On trail I hate carrying extra gas. The ACE 900 in the group is pretty amazing........

10-4 on that one. I have a 900 ACE 90HP Sea Doo spark for my daughter it doesn't use any gas. 7.5 gallons for the weekend and it gets used a lot.

Sorry JG we hijacked your thread...Great ride Thanks for photos and glad you are home safe. One day I would like to do a few days with you... Check my F I C O...

post-51-0-77891900-1456443594_thumb.jpg

My Enduro went 230 Klms pushing 6-10"s of the wet stuff, I fueled up at Kanawata 40 litres and that's including the 11 litre spare tank. So doing the math, given the specs say the tank is 40 litre capacity. 40 +11 = 51....- 40 L fill up = 11 litres left in the tank meaning I could've made the 230 Klm treck on the one tank. Probable even more on hard packed surface. 1200's are surprisingly better than I anticipated.

Looks like lots of good skinin' Trailblazer. Thanks for sharing.

If you saddlebag then carrying extra gas is a must for anyone I ride with. You never know what's in store for the days adventure. Too many unknown variables that we have no control over. Better safe than sorry!

attachicon.gifimage.png

Is that a 1.5gal Tom? One for each side?

I like your style. Do you have any side pics and I assume the side "platforms" were custom made?

Not to mention having to tow someone. They do like the gas when you're towing!!!

Just 1/8" x 1-1/2" aluminum angle @ 11-3/8" X 8" welded, bungee cords and the small Gerry cans 10L and some rubber spacers to make up the difference from the foot wells to the reinforcement bar

post-2003-0-98863300-1456491293_thumb.jpg

That ride will make you smile. The conditions around LSJ this year have been fantastic and the clubs have been grooming like crazy. The new lookout at Mt Apica is a must see. Breathtaking 360 degree view.

Thanks for letting us ride along with you J.G. and thanks for the pics.

Jack & Sandi