Trail status Quebec City 2016.

Magnus

Figured I'll start a post to give updates on the conditions in and around Quebec City.

Haven't been on the trails in two weeks now since we spent last weekend up in Saguenay. We got around 10cm of snow yesterday and another 30cm is in the forecast for tonight/tomorrow.

Did 200km today on #3 eastbound. 30-40cm of fresh powder on the trails. Had an awesome day with my riding buddy. We met two groomers on the way back between Mont Sainte Anne and Charlesbourg. The 304 wasn't groomed when we got back. I think they do less maintenance on that trail nowadays since it's a cul de sac.

And now it's snowing again wohoo.

Last night's storm brought a ton of snow. Unfortunately it's getting warmer next week so this might very well be the last week of good riding in the Quebec City area. Heading out this weekend for two days of riding.

Magnus,

I know it's going to get warmer next week and it looks like it's going to stay above average for about a week but not severely so. I am scheduled to return to La Malbaie from March 17th - March 22nd (when it turns back to normal temps) so I will be interested to know the 'melt count' over the next two weeks.

Magnus,

I know it's going to get warmer next week and it looks like it's going to stay above average for about a week but not severely so. I am scheduled to return to La Malbaie from March 17th - March 22nd (when it turns back to normal temps) so I will be interested to know the 'melt count' over the next two weeks.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Rode 304 -> TQ3 -> local connecting trail -> 369 to L'Étape and back today. 260km in total.

TQ3 was decent early in the morning and completely obliterated in the afternoon when coming back

369 was amazing both ways

Sunday we rode TQ3 west and took the local trail over to Saint Raymond. Conditions where excellent in the morning. We took TQ23 west from Saint Raymond and 365 south to Donnaconna. Excellent conditions on the parts with less traffic. From Donnaconna we took 302 back to TQ3 and went back to Quebec City. TQ3 was pretty beat up but not as bad as it was between QC and Mont Saint Anne saturday.

Melting has begun but so far very little impact on the trails. It's still below zero during nights.

The warm / soft snow gets trashed so quickly. It can be groomed in the morning and by afternoon the moguls are back.

Jack & Sandi

That's why I prefer to stay of the blue trails. Green and orange are usually in much better shape even in the afternoon due to less traffic. Sunday we were riding excellent trails in the afternoon but as soon as we went on TQ3 to get back to Quebec City the moguls were present.

That's why I prefer to stay of the blue trails. Green and orange are usually in much better shape even in the afternoon due to less traffic. Sunday we were riding excellent trails in the afternoon but as soon as we went on TQ3 to get back to Quebec City the moguls were present.

That happens there no matter how cold the trail is.