Snow tracker carbide how well do they work

Bluegrass

For the ones that use or have used these I have a few ?. One will they make your steering heavy or more like a power steering type feeling.Two will they stop darting ( putting on a ski doo ) and rail in all snow condition. Third how are they on road crossing and parking lot am I going two need a wheel ket also how about steel

Deck bridges ( I know nothing is good on them ) but won't two know what two espect from these .I am asking because I had a 2016 skidoo Mxz x and I could not get the thing two handle it would dart or jump all over could never get it two ride so I sold it going two order a new sled for next year but i have been told that snow tracker are the best thing going would like two know what you all think

I have a 1200 renegade and I put 13,000 km on my first set of aggressive snow trackers. On hard packed snow they go where you point them, with zero darting and with a light feel, almost like power steering. In loose snow they push, same as stock carbides. On asphalt they are the same as stock. On ice they go where you point them. On bridge decks they are the same as stock. They are a little harder on your trailer deck.

The worst thing I find with snow trackers is that a stone will lodge its self in between the runners and you will have to eventually stop and pry it out. This has happened less than a dozen times in 13,000 km.

I am now on my second set of aggressive snow trackers and I just installed a set of semi aggressive ST on my wife's 900 Renegade. My wife noticed the difference right away. She told me that she now has the confidence to take her left hand off the Handel bars to signal oncoming sleds with out worrying about darting.

Edited by COLD BEER

For the ones that use or have used these I have a few ?. One will they make your steering heavy or more like a power steering type feeling.Two will they stop darting ( putting on a ski doo ) and rail in all snow condition. Third how are they on road crossing and parking lot am I going two need a wheel ket also how about steel

Deck bridges ( I know nothing is good on them ) but won't two know what two espect from these .I am asking because I had a 2016 skidoo Mxz x and I could not get the thing two handle it would dart or jump all over could never get it two ride so I sold it going two order a new sled for next year but i have been told that snow tracker are the best thing going would like two know what you all think

Nothing you put on your ski will make it "Rail in all conditions" but most say when using them on the BRP xrs ski work really good .

I don't run them , to much push for me .

COLD BEER summed it up pretty well, though in 10,000km I've never had a stone caught in mine. They do add more of a power steering feel once you are rolling, as you can imagine when going really slow (2mph/parking) they are pretty heavy steering. I got 10 000km on my first pair of agressive runners and they still had about 30% wear left when I sold the sled, but I only ever run them in QC or real good conditions at home, which isn't often. After running them, they are an absolute necessity for me, way easier on the body on big mile days for the fact that they virtually eliminate darting. A couple of years ago I met an old fellow in Quebec who had 30 sleds in 30 years, of all of different brands, he told me that he had ran Snowtrackers since they came out and that they make the biggest difference on Yamahas, which is what I run, so that may factor into it as well. You do have to take care to hit sharper obstacles like curbs and rail road tracks as perpendicular as possible or they can fetch up. One place that i don't like them is off trail, I find them heavy steering then as well.

For saddle bag touring on nice groomed trails they are the best money you will spend on your sled. No darting or hunting and they allow you to enjoy the ride without the sled muscling you around.

I have put on 15k on a Yamaha and a 1200 doo each have the trackers. I could not stand either sled without them. I think they make the sled corner nicely without any push, if your ridding so hard that extreme sno-trackers push in the corner, A. You probably don't belong on a public trail ridding that agressive and B. Nothing would stop you from pushing in the corners if these don't.

My only complaint would be that in certain snow conditions they grab or engage more making it feel like the brakes were just put on, Every person who has gone on a long trip with me that has not had them has gone out and bought a set after trying my sled with them, its the same thing I did after I rode my friends Apex with a set of sno trackers. I can't ride without them now.

For saddle bag touring on nice groomed trails they are the best money you will spend on your sled. No darting or hunting and they allow you to enjoy the ride without the sled muscling you around.

I have put on 15k on a Yamaha and a 1200 doo each have the trackers. I could not stand either sled without them. I think they make the sled corner nicely without any push, if your ridding so hard that extreme sno-trackers push in the corner, A. You probably don't belong on a public trail ridding that agressive and B. Nothing would stop you from pushing in the corners if these don't.

My only complaint would be that in certain snow conditions they grab or engage more making it feel like the brakes were just put on, Every person who has gone on a long trip with me that has not had them has gone out and bought a set after trying my sled with them, its the same thing I did after I rode my friends Apex with a set of sno trackers. I can't ride without them now.

X2. Best thing I've ever added to a sled.

I have used them for some time and they have been AWESOME! I just bought a 1200 Enduro and I am going to try the new Pilot TS skis. If not to my liking on will go the snowtrackers! The durability is second to none!

I have used them for some time and they have been AWESOME! I just bought a 1200 Enduro and I am going to try the new Pilot TS skis. If not to my liking on will go the snowtrackers! The durability is second to none!

Apparently the MFG of Snowtracker's has a product for the TS ski.

http://www.snowtracker.com/default.aspx?Lang=en-CA

Did you have two run your center shock with a lot of spring tension.I have read that you run your front ski as loose as you can and run your center pretty tight.I ran that set up with out snow tracker and it did help the dartting but the sled road like garbage so if I have two do that two make the snow tracker work not sure if I am going two like that

• 9 months later...
5 hours ago, Bluegrass said:

Did anyone have two do a ski alignment to get them to work wright

I always kept a 1/8 tow out on each ski, handled fine but keep in mind it's not a sports car feeling just stops the zig zagging.

14 hours ago, Bluegrass said:

Did anyone have two do a ski alignment to get them to work wright

I lined my skis up with the track, then set both ski's parallel as per the ST instructions.  I never tried them with the ski's toed out roughly 1/8".

• 2 weeks later...

Tried my aggressive snow trackers on my 2016 1200 Renegade x 137" for the first time last weekend.Went from Thetford up to RDL to   Cabano to Lac Etchemin, down to St.George and back to Thetford in all kinds of trail conditions from fresh snow on top to hard fresh groomed and everything in between.They handeled it all very well.They steer easy,go where you point them and don't dart at all on any trail condition.Even first one on a fresh groomed hard trail in the morning.Tried to get them to dart by running in the line the drag made.Dead straight like it's not even there.No fighting to get out of that groove.Set the skis at zero toe and loosen up the ski springs and you don't have to tighten up the front track shock.Set up your suspension for comfort and ride.The least amount of push on soft snow in the corners out of any combination I have had on any sled/carbide combination I have tried over the years including Bergstroms with shims and duallys while still steering easy.It takes a while to get the confidence that you are not going to blow thru a corner because you can't believe they will hold the line.Never had a simple change so positively affect the handeling as much as these.And you don't have to adjust them thru the day to stop darting or turn in soft snow as conditions change.

1 hour ago, NSHM said:

Tried my aggressive snow trackers on my 2016 1200 Renegade x 137" for the first time last weekend.Went from Thetford up to RDL to   Cabano to Lac Etchemin, down to St.George and back to Thetford in all kinds of trail conditions from fresh snow on top to hard fresh groomed and everything in between.They handeled it all very well.They steer easy,go where you point them and don't dart at all on any trail condition.Even first one on a fresh groomed hard trail in the morning.Tried to get them to dart by running in the line the drag made.Dead straight like it's not even there.No fighting to get out of that groove.Set the skis at zero toe and loosen up the ski springs and you don't have to tighten up the front track shock.Set up your suspension for comfort and ride.The least amount of push on soft snow in the corners out of any combination I have had on any sled/carbide combination I have tried over the years including Bergstroms with shims and duallys while still steering easy.It takes a while to get the confidence that you are not going to blow thru a corner because you can't believe they will hold the line.Never had a simple change so positively affect the handeling as much as these.And you don't have to adjust them thru the day to stop darting or turn in soft snow as conditions change.

Have you ever followed another sled with snowtrackers?